Comments on minnesotagunrights.org

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Comments on minnesotagunrights.org

Postby Lumpy on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:47 am

Trojan horse for a gun control group??
Lumpy

Postby photogpat on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Lumpy wrote:Trojan horse for a gun control group??

Absolutely a possibility - they have the same thing running in Iowa.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby wasfuzz on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:59 pm

If you look to earlier posts in another area here on the board you will find much info about them. I spent 4 hrs one day doing my research on them and the other groups using the same mail drop box in bloomington. They are from the Redwood Falls area according to the Sec of State info and have several other causes they are affiliated with using the same address. Anyone who has done any Gun work with the House/Legislature knows Rep. Tony Cornish. At the last Mankato show I pointed him out and explained who he was to the MN Gun nuts staffer and volunteers at there both at the show. :roll:
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:39 pm

photogpat wrote:

Absolutely a possibility - they have the same thing running in Iowa.

I see no indication of that. They're in this for money.

They also run a pro-life group out of Iowa employing the same tactics, sharing the same mailing lists.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:19 pm

wouldn't this be considered fraud? Collecting money based on a misrepresentation of what you will do for people? Given the cash flow crosses state lines, wouldn't that make it mail fraud and a Federal offense? What law enforcement agency would be best to handle this?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:33 pm

yukonjasper wrote:wouldn't this be considered fraud? Collecting money based on a misrepresentation of what you will do for people? Given the cash flow crosses state lines, wouldn't that make it mail fraud and a Federal offense? What law enforcement agency would be best to handle this?

US Postal Inspection Service
FBI

Mail doesn't have to cross state lines to be mail fraud, just has to be in the mail.

Based on my knowledge, I don't think their actions are criminal - just shady as hell.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Randygmn on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:24 am

bstrawse wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:wouldn't this be considered fraud? Collecting money based on a misrepresentation of what you will do for people? Given the cash flow crosses state lines, wouldn't that make it mail fraud and a Federal offense? What law enforcement agency would be best to handle this?

US Postal Inspection Service
FBI

Mail doesn't have to cross state lines to be mail fraud, just has to be in the mail.

Based on my knowledge, I don't think their actions are criminal - just shady as hell.

I'm sure that nearly all of their fundraising is done digitally over the Internet, which constitutes wire fraud, a federal offense, if it can be proved their business is defrauding the public. The FBI would be the appropriate authorities.
Randygmn

Postby RobD on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:44 am

Randygmn wrote:
I'm sure that nearly all of their fundraising is done digitally over the Internet, which constitutes wire fraud, a federal offense, if it can be proved their business is defrauding the public. The FBI would be the appropriate authorities.

No way. Direct mail is where the money is at, and they have a huge mail operation.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby Ironbear on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 am

These articles seem to suggest "political weasels", in it for the money.

http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=39222
http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=39637
http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=39640
http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/?p=39721

After reading these, a cynic might suggest that they might be willing to torpedo progress, just to fuel their rhetoric... as seems to be the case in Iowa.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby JJ on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 am

MGR is a shameless group of scammers. They have in the past taken credit for the push for MPPCA, except they didn't exist until 2013: http://www.minnesotagunrights.org/about ... gun-rights

We were formed in July of 2013 to combat the vicious attacks on our gun rights by gun grabbers in the Minnesota legislature.

Members of the Minnesota legislature have publicly admonished them:
http://www.citypages.com/news/pro-gun-l ... rs-6548484
Some of Minnesota's most pro-gun legislators are furious with Minnesota Gun Rights, a lobbying group known for sending fear-mongering letters and emails to its supporters to raise money.

A group of 11 Republican and five Democrat members of the state House recently penned a scathing open letter calling MGR "pretenders," "fraudsters" and claiming the group is based in Iowa and doesn't have any real interest in Minnesota politics.

They are affiliated with Dudley Brown's NAGR:

http://www.minnesotagunrights.org/about/links

And NAGR has actively hurt the 2nd amendment fight all over the country, and the following page is full of examples:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Truth-Abou ... 0/?fref=ts
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:43 pm

so why doesn't someone challenge them and take them out? Especially if there are legislators who see it for what it apparently is - a scam?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby JJ on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:55 pm

yukonjasper wrote:so why doesn't someone challenge them and take them out? Especially if there are legislators who see it for what it apparently is - a scam?

No one has quite figured out how to rid themselves of NAGR and it's clones. Minnesota is not the only state dealing with this issue. The best thing we can do is keep providing information, fighting the actual fight and building the good organizations.

Informed people need to discuss the issue with the people they know, and put that information out there. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. I've had this discussion with multiple people i know. They see the very good marketing strategy of the group and can recite the platitudes verbatim. Even when confronted with logic, reason, and proof they will revert to the tag lines NAGR/MGR provides them.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby bstrawse on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 pm

yukonjasper wrote:so why doesn't someone challenge them and take them out? Especially if there are legislators who see it for what it apparently is - a scam?

Legislators want nothing to do with them - they have zero pull at the Capitol.
b
bstrawse

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:27 pm

bstrawse wrote:

Legislators want nothing to do with them - they have zero pull at the Capitol.
b

I understand the legislative side, but the fraud seems to be in evidence.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby mrp on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 pm

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Iowa-l ... 12193.html

DES MOINES, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- It's a “scam.” That's what an Iowa lawmaker called a well-known gun rights group, at the state capitol, Thursday.
mrp

Previous

Return to Politics