No one needs 10 bullets to kill a DEEEEEAAAR !

Firearms related political discussion forum

No one needs 10 bullets to kill a DEEEEEAAAR !

Postby gunsmith on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm

http://youtu.be/DDokWmha68E

I think every gun owner needs to hear this out to the mouth of Gov Cuomo at least once....

Stop the Hate, Gov.

Couldn't get the picture to display but the link works.

gunsmith

Re: No one needs 10 bullets to kill a DEEEEEAAAR !

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Oddly enough, several state constitutions with right to bear arms provisions and proposed drafts of the Second Amendment specifically mentioned hunting- probably because at times in England the right to bear arms had been restricted by anti-poaching laws.
Lumpy

Postby gunsmith on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Well, it really peeves me when an ass-wipe politician rants about gun control 'Not affecting Hunters'

There's nothing about that in the Federal Bill of Rights.

http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/Moncure1.html

gunsmith

Postby BigDog58 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Dear Gov, I own guns in accordance within the rights afforded to me by the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. I have my guns and use them not only for hunting but for protection and defense of myself and my family. I also have them as a deterrent to anyone wishing to violate the Constitution. Of which, you are sworn to uphold and obey. Nowhere in the Constitution, does it limit nor regulate how many rounds of ammunition it might require of me in harvesting of game, or in defense of myself or my family. If you cannot abide by the Constitution, you should immediately resign from office! I alone, determine what my particular ammunition needs are in any given situation.

As I see it, the Second Amendment was adopted to assure that any tyrant or presiding government should fear it's population rather than the other way around. For over 200 years this law has assured people such as yourself never acquire more power than granted by the law of the land. Many fought and died to assure these laws were instituted and abided by. You have zero right to arbitrarily change any of these laws.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby gunsmith on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:37 pm

NY state 'Safe Act' upheld except for 7 round magazine limit.

From the ruling:

V. CONCLUSION
“Our Constitution is designed to maximize individual freedoms within a framework
of ordered liberty.” Kolender v. Lawson, 461 U.S. 352, 357, 103 S. Ct. 1855, 1858, 75 L.
Ed. 2d 903 (1983). In Heller and McDonald, the Supreme Court found that the right to
“keep and bear arms,” enshrined in the Second Amendment, was among those individual
freedoms. But the Court also noted that the right was not unlimited. Drawing from post-
Heller rulings that have begun to settle the vast
terra incognita
left by the Supreme Court,
this Court finds that the challenged provisions of the SAFE Act — including the Act’s
definition and regulation of assault weapons and its ban on large-capacity magazines —
further the state’s important interest in public safety, and do not impermissibly infringe on
Plaintiffs’ Second Amendment rights. But, the seven-round limit fails the relevant test
because the purported link between the ban and the State’s interest is tenuous, strained,
and unsupported in the record.
gunsmith

Postby 2in2out on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:48 pm

I noticed that they didn't interview anyone who disagreed. Even the reporters were hoping that this would be pushed through without a fight.

We can't let that happen here. Ever.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to Politics