Well, you knew it was coming, house dems move 4 gun control

Firearms related political discussion forum

Well, you knew it was coming, house dems move 4 gun control

Postby John S. on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:50 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/2 ... 89909.html

WASHINGTON -- A group of Democratic lawmakers is seeking to revive stalled gun control efforts on Capitol Hill, after President Barack Obama pledged in his State of the Union address Tuesday to take action "with or without Congress."
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Re: Well, you knew it was coming, house dems move 4 gun control

Postby MaryB on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Will go nowhere, supporting this in an election year us suicide and the repubs and dems know it
MaryB

Postby Nougat on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:59 pm

:?:

how much without congress stuff can he do

aren't we supposed to be able to do something about stuff like that

I suppose 'they' aren't asking anybody how they feel since 'they' don't care

well taking a peak at the article. my post makes no sense oops!

More than 30 people a day die from gun violence in America-
police shootings and completly illegal (prohibited persons blackmarket etc.) guns acount for how many of those? {more than half when the two are combined is my guess}

how many blunt force trauma and stabbing deaths per day are there? I'm sure its more than one. lets ban stuff[you know stuff. because you can kill people with stuff]
Nougat

Postby John S. on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:46 am

I'm surprised he even brought that up in SOTU speech.......................................................... ;)

I know he's a lame duck, but it seems this statement would hurt the chances of them keeping the Senate, or dominating the House :?
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby loose on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere, I'm getting sick of seeing backorder, out of stock.
loose

Postby Spartan on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:41 pm

The real question is how do we defeat EVIL ? The Liberals have been duped by the Devil and the Kool Aide hasn't worn off yet !
Spartan

Postby loose on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Spartan wrote:The real question is how do we defeat EVIL ? The Liberals have been duped by the Devil and the Kool Aide hasn't worn off yet !

Get rid of them, all!! 95 percent of the republicans too.
loose

Postby MaryB on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Problem goes much deeper than the elected figureheads. We need to fire all the staffers that have been there for years, they are the ones who write the proposed laws and regulations. Until we get rid of the entrenched corruption it doesn't matter who we elect.
MaryB

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:04 am

I think an easy way to weed out the ones who want to work for US as in you and me, is quit with all the super bennies they ALL get once elected! You'd either be crazy, OR really want to make a difference, would sign up for THAT hitch, kinda like our Military, huh? I made a discovery, treat em as well as our Soldiers, no more,no less, and when the hitch is up, ya got nothin, oh, The VAMC!
John S.

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 am

John S. wrote:I think an easy way to weed out the ones who want to work for US as in you and me, is quit with all the super bennies they ALL get once elected! You'd either be crazy, OR really want to make a difference, would sign up for THAT hitch, kinda like our Military, huh? I made a discovery, treat em as well as our Soldiers, no more,no less, and when the hitch is up, ya got nothin, oh, The VAMC!

Amen. We would all be in the "service" if we could start out as generals.

And cut their staff numbers and office/travel budget way down. The current setup is a taxpayer funded re-election campaign for incumbents.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:51 am

Well, There'se the solution, but, how do we change it? Without comitting Suicide, I mean.

People have become accustumed to the gimme lifestyle, so it will be a bitch to change..............................just axe John B. ;)
John S.

Postby damian_mb on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

MaryB wrote:Problem goes much deeper than the elected figureheads. We need to fire all the staffers that have been there for years, they are the ones who write the proposed laws and regulations. Until we get rid of the entrenched corruption it doesn't matter who we elect.

The problem is not just elected officials but the general population as well. If you look at Mark's fake petitions, people are willing to sign off to get rid of the 2A, as well as lockup all gun owners and shoot them with their own guns. You will find that 1 our of 20 will not sign that petition.

Just look at Eric Holder's press conference, he mentioned something about repeating to the population that guns are bad, brainwash them. Its the general population I am more worried about and how dumb they have become.
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Democracy has become a spectator sport. 90+% of the population just wants the people running things to make all their problems go away so they can keep watching cable television.
Lumpy

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:56 pm

loose wrote:Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere, I'm getting sick of seeing backorder, out of stock.
Speaking of which, after several years of skyrocketing demand, have the gun and ammo industries expanded their base capacity at all?
Lumpy

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 am

damian_mb wrote:
MaryB wrote:Problem goes much deeper than the elected figureheads. We need to fire all the staffers that have been there for years, they are the ones who write the proposed laws and regulations. Until we get rid of the entrenched corruption it doesn't matter who we elect.

The problem is not just elected officials but the general population as well. If you look at Mark's fake petitions, people are willing to sign off to get rid of the 2A, as well as lockup all gun owners and shoot them with their own guns. You will find that 1 our of 20 will not sign that petition.

Just look at Eric Holder's press conference, he mentioned something about repeating to the population that guns are bad, brainwash them. Its the general population I am more worried about and how dumb they have become.

BINGO!

It's how not "dumb," but, "ignorant!"

Most people on the street don't even know the 3 branchers of our govt, or, that they are SUPPOSED to be a checks and balances system, not a Presidential "Executive order, after "executive order." That is a kingdom aint it? :? :? :? :?
John S.

Return to Politics