Rothman called out by name on Protect MN Facebook

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby Citiot on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:23 am

Congratulations Andrew. You and GOCRA seem to be getting under the skin of Heather (because pro-2A is winning).

I was especially interested in this hyperbolic comment (in bold/red):

"...From this article on the MPR website about our event at the Capitol yesterday: " "Minnesota has two million gun owners," Rothman said. "Minnesota has 165,000 carry permit holders. That's more than twice the size of the teacher's union. That's a pretty powerful demographic.""

We remind Rothman that not all gun owners are against common sense gun measures. In fact, the majority are in favor. And THAT is a powerful demographic. The majority of Minnesotans want communities free from gun violence...."

I would reason that the statement in bold/red may be correct. However, I personally don't think the majority of Minnesota gun owners prescribe to Protect Minnesota's "common sense" (which entails losing control of ones bowels at the sight of a firearm)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Protect- ... 8606548259

Since Andrew was called out and quoted by name, I think he should be able to post a retort on Protect Minnesota's facebook page. I'm not holding my breath though. I strongly suspect that the admins of mnguntalk would allow, and not censor any postings from our opponents.

Well done Andrew and GOCRA!

Personally, being primarily a DFL voter, all of this effort by the anti gun crowd is pushing me to the right for the next election. In fact, I've increased my gun collection significantly.

It is likely that the anti gun people are monitoring this forum.... Antis take note: I am not the only liberal person who is rethinking their affiliation. Think about it.... it is likely the conservative party will gain two votes (my wife and I) and the liberal party will lose two votes.

Also a note to the Protect Minnesota forum lurkers. I don't belong to the NRA and prefer supporting reasonable and partisan agnostic organizations such as GOCRA.

Citiot
Citiot

Postby whiteox on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:12 am

+1 to that.

It's difficult to explain how far my political views have changed since I was a DFL delegate at the Senate District convention in 2008.

Bought my first gun in 2009. Didn't change much politically as I believed the dems had learned their lesson after the 94 ban. Then folks revealed their true colors after Sandy Hook.

I am not promising to vote Republican this year, but I swear to God I will NOT vote for someone who tried to infringe my natural and Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and I will actively support those who want to protect them.

I'm doing a lot more critical thinking now.
whiteox

Re: Rothman called out by name on Protect MN Facebook

Postby 2in2out on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 am

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from one of the most quotable movies of all time, Princess Bride….

Referring to the term Common Sense in the Protect MN context…. "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means…"
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 am

The majority of Minnesotans want communities free from gun violence...."

That's an earthshaking revelation. :roll:

I am genuinely curious:

Who are those that favor gun violence?

Interesting twist to capture the language.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Texastransplant on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:03 pm

I wonder if Minnesotans want their communities free from violence in general, not just "gun violence." What a ridiculous term.
Texastransplant

Postby Hmac on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 pm

My community is already free from gun violence. Looks like the MPPA is working.
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:18 pm

xd ED wrote:I am genuinely curious:

Who are those that favor gun violence?

xd ED,

I think it was Slick Willie who claimed that a low level of gun violence was necessary to keep the process moving in the right (left) direction.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby photogpat on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:34 pm

"Protect" MN is an irrelevant .org striving for relevancy. The gun conversation has swept by them - and New York money is now driving the gun control boat in MN.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby jshuberg on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Every time one of the idiots uses the term "common sense" I seriously want to punch them in the mouth. These people have absolutely no idea what common sense logic is. I more accurately refer to it as "Sesame Street logic", in that the puppets told them what the world was like when they were a child. They still believe the puppets, and still view the world through a child's eyes. Temper tantrums and runaway emotions and all.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby MaryB on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 pm

My town has zero gun violence, I would also estimate that 3/4 of the households are very well armed. Common sense = you give up all your second amendment rights, give up your assault rifles(whatever that is), no magazines that can be removed, 5 shots mas or less....
MaryB

Postby gunsmith on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Hmac wrote:My community is already free from gun violence. Looks like the MPPA is working.

Can't let them get away with shaping the debate:

IT'S GUN THUG VIOLENCE :)
gunsmith

Postby PhilaBOR on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 am

Protect MN is right: I'm a gun owner and I support common sense reforms:
1. If I can buy a Desert Eagle or AR pistol without a tax stamp, I should be able to buy an SBR or an SBS without a stamp and LEO permission.
2. I should be able to buy a can without the NFA BS so I don't ruin my ears.
3. Disarmed victim zones should be illegal as they violate the basic human right of self defense.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby LePetomane on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:53 am

Poor Heather is taking a backseat to America's Nanny in the gun control arena in this state. Someone posted a picture of gun running California Democrat Senator Leland Yee on Protect Minnesota's FB page and no one even commented that he cared about children and the plight of the poor, etc. I think PM may be fading into obscurity now that Gloomberg and Carlbom are leading the charge.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby CarryCauseICan on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 am

LePetomane wrote:Someone posted a picture of gun running California Democrat Senator Leland Yee on Protect Minnesota's FB page and no one even commented that he cared about children and the plight of the poor, etc.

Went to their page to see this right away! :o Didn't see it? :? Man I wanted to see that! :cry:
Molon Labe!
HEY! Once this girl said, "It's not You, It's Me". I said, "Dang Right It's You! You Heffer!" Si
CarryCauseICan

Postby Pat Cannon on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 pm

PhilaBOR wrote:Protect MN is right: I'm a gun owner and I support common sense reforms:
1. If I can buy a Desert Eagle or AR pistol without a tax stamp, I should be able to buy an SBR or an SBS without a stamp and LEO permission.
2. I should be able to buy a can without the NFA BS so I don't ruin my ears.
3. Disarmed victim zones should be illegal as they violate the basic human right of self defense.

I think you nailed it right there, except you forgot constitutional carry.
Pat Cannon

Next

Return to Politics