Thank you GOCRA and MN Gun PAC

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby Citiot on Tue May 20, 2014 8:25 pm

The MN Legislative session is over and nothing bad passed with regards to gun control. The domestic abuse order issue was simply a blip, nothing was gained by the antis. Due process is still intact. That law really isn't that bad. (and mirrors existing Federal law I think)

So...... I celebrated by buying a new Colt 1911 Wiley Clapp TALO commander!!!! Gee it's a swell piece.
Citiot

Re: Thank you GOCRA and MN Gun PAC

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Another way to celebrate would be to make a donation to those organizations. Maybe you already have but they are on the front lines and can use our support.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Citiot on Tue May 20, 2014 9:26 pm

Whoops, my comment about buying a 1911 didn't really come out right.

I did contribute already before.

I feel like a heel. And for punishment, I'll send another donation.... how's that? :-)
Citiot

Postby xd ED on Tue May 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Citiot wrote:Whoops, my comment about buying a 1911 didn't really come out right.

I feel like a heel. And for punishment, I'll send another donation.... how's that? :-)

Hey, ...don't be so hard on yourself, it's not like you bought a glock. :bolt:
But a donation is always an excellent investment in our liberty :cheers:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 am

Thank you!

But the real credit when it comes to this legislation lies with GOCRA - they lobbied relentlessly and worked with both friend and foe to ensure that what did come to the floor was stripped of infringing language and protected the rights of gun owners.

Donate to GOCRA here: https://www.gocra.org/join.php

Donate to the Minnesota Gun Owners PAC here: http://mngopac.nationbuilder.com/donate

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby ericinmn1970 on Wed May 21, 2014 5:18 am

xd ED wrote:
Citiot wrote:Whoops, my comment about buying a 1911 didn't really come out right.

Hey, ...don't be so hard on yourself, it's not like you bought a glock. :bolt:
But a donation is always an excellent investment in our liberty :cheers:

<off topic rant>I don't know why so many seem to hate Glocks?! :roll: I think I handle my Gen 4 G21 better than any other pistols I've fired.</end rant>

I'm about due to make another donation myself :D
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby plblark on Wed May 21, 2014 6:46 am

Traditionally, I've donated my time to GOCRA and money to GOPAC. I set up a modest monthly donation to GOPAC which is simple and painless. I think it's time to even out that equation and set up an auto donation to GOCRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Spartan on Wed May 21, 2014 8:12 am

I have done the small monthly amount to GOCRA ... maybe not enough... Pat and Andrew and company should get beer or hard liquor or some thing for their efforts ...... Jim Newberger talked about how the level of organization from Gocra was overwhelming to the "antis" he also said we had just "two" votes saved ...... get out and support your local pro-2A candidate.
Spartan

Postby ex-LT on Wed May 21, 2014 8:46 am

plblark wrote:Traditionally, I've donated my time to GOCRA and money to GOPAC. I set up a modest monthly donation to GOPAC which is simple and painless. I think it's time to even out that equation and set up an auto donation to GOCRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

This is exactly what I did. I figured a $300 check to each of them once a year would be a hard pill to swallow, but spread that out over the course of 12 months, and I hardly even notice it. I even got a nice thank you email from Andrew when I set up the recurring payment to GOCRA.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby cobb on Thu May 22, 2014 3:28 pm

I became a life member this year and will still donate yearly. Andrew has some fliers about Bloomberg on one side and GOCRA on the other, which I now hand out in every class I do. I encourage people to get involved and start by supplying an e-mail address to GOCRA so that they can be kept informed as what is happening in Minnesota with their gun rights and maybe more important, who is restricting or supporting their rights.

I know a lot of instructors are, but for the few that are not involved with GOCRA or donate money, I don't understand why. If not for GOCRA or the many like Alfred Fingulin or many others that I will not try to name, many permit to carry instructors would not exist today in Minnesota, they owe the demand of their services to these people.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby photogpat on Thu May 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Email and address when you sign up. We need both to send you the targeted district info specificly with YOUR representatives info and email addresses.

We're powerful when we mobilize! Believe me, plenty of legislators on both sides said they'd heard from GOCRA members these last two years. We're winning! Just need to keep up the pressure!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby 2in2out on Thu May 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I agree 100% with what everyone has said. We're very fortunate to have such a well organized group of people in MN, and I will continue to support them in any way I can.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to Politics