Julianne Ortman write in campaign

Firearms related political discussion forum

Julianne Ortman write in campaign

Postby MaryB on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 pm

After doing some research on Mcfadden last night there is no way I can vote for him. The guy has no platform, no plans, and a horrible record of saying he is for gun restrictions. Anyone know if Julianne Ortman is going to to a write in campaign?
MaryB

Re: Julianne Ortman write in campaign

Postby gunsmith on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 am

Oh this is a fantastic idea. (sarcasm)

:)

Al Franken is slappin his knee right now....312 is his magic number...thats how he got elected last time.
gunsmith

Postby LePetomane on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:05 am

Don't do it. McFadden is still better than Franken unless (like many in this state) you can't sleep at night if you vote Republican. Unfortunately the goal of this election is to get Franken out. Who gets in is secondary.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:58 am

Julianne could have run in the primary but chose not to and withdrew. Jim Abeler is still in the Republican race.

MN Gun Owners PAC will be evaluating the race (again) later this month and may choose to make an endorsement. That evaluation will include all major and minor party candidates.

B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby goett047 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:35 am

bstrawse wrote:Julianne could have run in the primary but chose not to and withdrew. Jim Abeler is still in the Republican race.

MN Gun Owners PAC will be evaluating the race (again) later this month and may choose to make an endorsement. That evaluation will include all major and minor party candidates.

B

Jim wont be able to beat Franken's money. Julianne urged party unity when she conceded, there is a good reason for that
goett047

Postby MJY65 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:44 pm

MaryB wrote:After doing some research on Mcfadden last night there is no way I can vote for him. The guy has no platform, no plans, and a horrible record of saying he is for gun restrictions. Anyone know if Julianne Ortman is going to to a write in campaign?

In what way does that make him WORSE than Franken? McFadden or Franken. That is your choice. At least if we can do our part to get the Senate back, Harry Reid loses his status.
MJY65

Re: Re: Julianne Ortman write in campaign

Postby goett047 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 pm

MJY65 wrote:
MaryB wrote:After doing some research on Mcfadden last night there is no way I can vote for him. The guy has no platform, no plans, and a horrible record of saying he is for gun restrictions. Anyone know if Julianne Ortman is going to to a write in campaign?

In what way does that make him WORSE than Franken? McFadden or Franken. That is your choice. At least if we can do our part to get the Senate back, Harry Reid loses his status.

The problem is people refuse to make any attempt at winning. They are too busy trying to prove how conservative they are.
goett047

Postby MaryB on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm

I prefer to vote for someone who shares my values, not some rich dude who bought his way into the primary.
MaryB

Postby gunsmith on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 am

I'm voting AGAINST HARRY REID not for someone...I LIKE JULIANNE A LOT. Too Bad :)
gunsmith

Postby MJY65 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 am

MaryB wrote:I prefer to vote for someone who shares my values, not some rich dude who bought his way into the primary.

Of course, we all would. Many of us here would have loved to have seen Julianne advance. She seems like a very solid 2A supporter. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. She has said that she will abide by the endorsement, so an organized write in campaign isn't going to happen. You can do it, but your vote and your opportunity to have a chance at unseating Franken/Reid will be wasted.
Last edited by MJY65 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJY65

Postby Hmac on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:23 am

Al Franken really appreciates your willingness to stand by your principles.
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:56 am

Hmac wrote:

Al Franken really appreciates your willingness to stand by your principles.

True but a concept lost on a lot of people in this state.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby ericinmn1970 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:48 pm

MaryB wrote:I prefer to vote for someone who shares my values, not some rich dude who bought his way into the primary.

I agree 100% and have voted that way in every election, at every level, for the past 26 years. I've hated both Republicans and Democrats equally but was more aligned with Republicans.I've not seen either party as representing "the people", and only represent their personal and party's agendas. I'm not going to try and convince everyone otherwise, but to me, it now makes more sense to vote for the person in the political party, who is most likely to have any chance at winning against the politicians whose agenda and policies I disagree with more...and believe me, I really, really hate that! But I know more than my fair share of Democrat party voter. And it really does not matter how many facts you show them. It doesn't matter how rational your argument. It doesn't matter how blatantly a Democrat party politician lies, or how corrupt they are. You talk to them, their eyes glaze over, and they begin to repeat the talking points as if they were chanting some voodoo magic spell. Democrat party voters will continue to vote for ANY Democrat, strictly to keep Republicans, or any other party, from winning elections. The only way to win and continue to have any semblance of a voice in our political system is for those who are opposed to Democrat party politics, agendas, ideologies, and policies; is to unite under one party. That's the way I see it now.
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby MaryB on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:44 pm

At some point we have to disconnect from the "vote for the least of 2 evils" mode and start trying to put decent people in office who will represent Minnesota and not the wealthy donors that bankroll them
MaryB

Postby LePetomane on Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:51 am

MaryB wrote:At some point we have to disconnect from the "vote for the least of 2 evils" mode and start trying to put decent people in office who will represent Minnesota and not the wealthy donors that bankroll them

Unfortunately that will never happen. Money talks.
LePetomane

Next

Return to Politics