Harry Reid may call vote for background checks this Tuesday.

Firearms related political discussion forum

Harry Reid may call vote for background checks this Tuesday.

Postby Randygmn on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:48 am

Harry Reid, the duplicitous scoundrel, may call for a vote on Tuesday for universal background checks. Of course, there's no chance for passage. This is an attempt to politicize the recent tragic shootings and try to marginalize those that don't support useless legislation. I wouldn't be surprised if Bloomberg told them, "if you want more of my money, take a vote". Gosh, I hate liberals.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/feder ... votes.aspx
Randygmn

Re: Harry Reid may call vote for background checks this Tuesday.

Postby MJY65 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:55 am

Knowing that it won't pass, he will structure the vote count to give cover to liberal state Senators while protecting vulnerable ones in more conservative states.
MJY65

Postby MaryB on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Democratic suicide in any contested states. Of course many dems are history anyway like Franken...
MaryB

Postby 20mm on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:38 pm

MaryB wrote:Democratic suicide in any contested states. Of course many dems are history anyway like Franken...

Hah, you're funny. Just about as funny as that short weasel.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby MJY65 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:28 am

MaryB wrote:Of course many dems are history anyway like Franken...

I sure hope so, but I wouldn't count on it, yet. McFadden will need to work hard to overcome name recognition and the general trend toward electing Democrats in this state. If the election is close enough, he may even have to fight against recounting until the desired result is obtained, like 6 years ago.

Besides, in Franken's own words (as Stuart Smalley): "He's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him". :roll:
MJY65

Postby LePetomane on Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:26 am

Harry Reid is off his rocker. The guy is the most despicable person in politics today. He repeatedly stands on the senate floor and proceeds to demonize law abiding hard working tax paying US citizens, in particular the Koch brothers. The Koch brothers have taken more risk, created more (union) jobs and paid more taxes than Harry Reid could ever imagine. Mr. Reid is a big bully.

What do you expect from someone who was elected by hookers and gamblers? And the NRA gives him a good rating. I will remember this when my membership is up for renewal.

I sure hope MaryB is right but I do not have a lot of faith in the people I live among. These people talk a big story but in the end there is no breaking from the tradition of electing the DFL'ers. They feel that they have almost a biblical right to the stranglehold on Minnesota politics. And there are plenty in this state that enable them.

William
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Josh189 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Don't we already have background checks. Kinda makes you wonder what they're really up to...
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Josh189

Postby Randygmn on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Josh189 wrote:Don't we already have background checks. Kinda makes you wonder what they're really up to...

Confiscation
Randygmn

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:55 am

Reid is a despicable POS, but he's not stupid. There's no way he'd call for a vote on a bill giving his delegation the choice of political suicide or not following their leadership. That is as long as he can't convince enough stupid Republicans to commit political suicide by voting for it.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby LePetomane on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:45 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Reid is a despicable POS, but he's not stupid.

Correct. And he is an evil man. And there are 99 people in the US Senate who are scared to death of him. Even the Republicans will not criticize him for fear he will escalate their attack on them.

How this country tolerates someone who calls himself a "leader" behaving like this is beyond me. He has repeatedly taken the senate floor and used his position of power to demonize some of the most prosperous people in this country, namely the Koch brothers. He referred to them as a "cult" in his rant.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby JeremiahMN on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Josh189 wrote:Don't we already have background checks. Kinda makes you wonder what they're really up to...

For private sales?
JeremiahMN

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:43 pm

LePetomane wrote: And the NRA gives him a good rating. I will remember this when my membership is up for renewal.

NRA is playing chess not checkers when it comes to Harry Reid.
Ghost

Return to Politics