Target Corp is no longer listening

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Target Corp is no longer listening

Postby Thunder71 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am

DoxaPar wrote:Target could have gone another way on this but didn't. As far as I'm concerned, they did us and themselves a solid here. No reason to stop shopping at Target. Just be respectful and leave your firearm in your car.

You have fun with that... myself and my family will go where we are welcome. If by chance we have to go to Target, I will be legally carrying. Respecting a store's request does not trump my family's safety, and so long as it doesn't violate any laws whatsoever, I'll do as I see fit.
Thunder71

Postby DoxaPar on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:59 am

Yep. It's legal and you have the right to do so. No qualms from me. Each will do as they see right.
DoxaPar

Postby LarryP on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:58 am

We need to blame the "Open Carry" Texas bunch for this.
LarryP

Postby gunsmith on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:25 pm

They're dancing in the end zone

target store gun thinkg.jpg
gunsmith

Postby gunsmith on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 pm

:)

healthy_living_2920.jpg
gunsmith

Postby MJY65 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:34 pm

DoxaPar wrote: No reason to stop shopping at Target. Just be respectful and leave your firearm in your car.

Nothing I've read says that Target has any intention of posting signs. I see no reason to stop shopping there or to leave the firearm in the car. I'll just keep it concealed, as always.
MJY65

Postby LePetomane on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:42 am

I didn't shop at Target before this incident and I won't be shopping there now. I am not calling for a boycott. That is similar to a strike and those are tactics that are used by union thugs who help elect the crooks we have in office now.

Shop wherever you please
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby s4oak on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:31 pm

MJY65 wrote:
DoxaPar wrote: No reason to stop shopping at Target. Just be respectful and leave your firearm in your car.

Nothing I've read says that Target has any intention of posting signs. I see no reason to stop shopping there or to leave the firearm in the car. I'll just keep it concealed, as always.

Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said the retailer will not post signs at its stores asking people not to bring guns inside. “It is not a ban,” she said. “There is no prohibition.”

http://www.startribune.com/business/265535731.html

s4oak

Postby sigman on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't shop at Target very often, but when I do, I will be carrying as usual. If they ever decide to put up signs, I will simply refuse to shop there.
sigman

Postby Hmac on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:52 pm

sigman wrote:I don't shop at Target very often, but when I do, I will be carrying as usual. If they ever decide to put up signs, I will simply refuse to shop there.

Why not not just ignore the signs? Or are you talking about open carrying?
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Hmac wrote:Why not not just ignore the signs?

Why? Because it is posted by the management and it is private property. I'm shocked at those who feel that their constitutional rights supersede property rights. Your constitutional rights end at my door. The only right you retain when you enter my property is the right to leave.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Hmac on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 pm

LePetomane wrote:

The only right you retain when you enter my property is the right to leave.

And if you ask me to do so, I will. Promptly and without argument.
Hmac

Postby LePetomane on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Hmac wrote:
LePetomane wrote:

The only right you retain when you enter my property is the right to leave.

And if you ask me to do so, I will. Promptly and without argument.

Thank you. With that attitude you're welcome here anytime. And I doubt you will give me a reason to ask you to leave. And carrying a firearm is welcome.

WJLP
LePetomane

Target Corp is no longer listening

Postby jshuberg on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:52 pm

It's a matter of respect. If I want people to respect my rights, I will make a point to respect theirs. Even if I disagree with them, and it inconveniences me.

If a property owner posts a valid sign, I won't walk past it, whether I happen to be carrying or not. I obviously won't spend any money there either.

I find it very self-centered when some people bitch to all holy hell when they feel their rights are being infringed, yet drop the catch phrase "concealed is concealed" when discussing violating the wishes and property rights of others. If you want people to respect your rights, you should make a point to respect theirs.

I'm glad the law is the way it is, just in case someone doesn't notice a posted sign, but just because it isn't against the law doesn't mean it's right to knowingly trample on the wishes and rights of private property owners.

We are the good guys, but we shouldn't limit our being the good guys to the strict letter of the law. We should take the high road and be respectful and polite to those we disagree with. It's how we win hearts and minds. The anti gun cultists, with their foaming at the mouth rhetoric don't do this, and the vast majority of people who aren't involved in firearms rights will take notice of who are the lawful, respectful people, and who are the raving lunatics.

We win more people to our cause by our everyday behavior than by our rational arguments.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby LePetomane on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:08 pm

jshuberg wrote:It's a matter of respect. If I want people to respect my rights, I will make a point to respect theirs. Even if I disagree with them, and it inconveniences me.

If a property owner posts a valid sign, I won't walk past it, whether I happen to be carrying or not. I obviously won't spend any money there either.

I find it very self-centered when some people bitch to all holy hell when they feel their rights are being infringed, yet drop the catch phrase "concealed is concealed" when discussing violating the wishes and property rights of others. If you want people to respect your rights, you should make a point to respect theirs.

I'm glad the law is the way it is, just in case someone doesn't notice a posted sign, but just because it isn't against the law doesn't mean it's right to knowingly trample on the wishes and rights of private property owners.

We are the good guys, but we shouldn't limit our being the good guys to the strict letter of the law. We should take the high road and be respectful and polite to those we disagree with. It's how we win hearts and minds. The anti gun cultists, with their foaming at the mouth rhetoric don't do this, and the vast majority of people who aren't involved in firearms rights will take notice of who are the lawful, respectful people, and who are the raving lunatics.

We win more people to our cause by our everyday behavior than by our rational arguments.

Well put. Great post.
LePetomane

PreviousNext

Return to Politics