Choices for governor

Firearms related political discussion forum

Choices for governor

Postby MaryB on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Not seeing much about choices for governor posted, from searching it is between Zellers and Seifert in my opinion. Got my absentee ballot and want to get it filled out and off my desk. Seifert is a local and I have met him several times in person, Zellers is pro 2a and anti Obamacare and anti common core both are wins. Haven't heard Seiferts stance on common core yet.
MaryB

Re: Choices for governor

Postby bensdad on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Seifert pulled a huge dick move at the convention. If you don't mind voting for a crybaby who takes his ball and goes home when he's not winning, he's your guy.
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby bstrawse on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Expect GOCRA to release grades early next week for most state & county sheriff races, including governor.

MN Gun Owners PAC endorsements will follow later in the week. However, we may choose not to make an endorsement decision in some races where a primary beckons.

B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Spartan on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Johnson !
Spartan

Postby rottenit on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:03 pm

+1 Johnson

Have spoke with him several times, hes a pretty strong 2a supporter (at least he says he is).
m going to make some founding fathers quote up so it furthers a cause I believe in...

"Barak Obama is the beginning of the end of our country." - George Washington & Thomas Jefferson
rottenit

Postby LarryP on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Nobody has a chance against Dayton. :cry:
LarryP

Postby JeremiahMN on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 am

LarryP wrote:Nobody has a chance against Dayton. :cry:

Or Franken :)
JeremiahMN

Postby MJY65 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:06 pm

JeremiahMN wrote:

I was listening to an analysis of races to watch for the Republicans to retake the Senate. Sadly, Franken vs McFadden was not even mentioned as a possibility.
MJY65

Postby 2in2out on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:40 pm

MJY65 wrote:
JeremiahMN wrote:

I was listening to an analysis of races to watch for the Republicans to retake the Senate. Sadly, Franken vs McFadden was not even mentioned as a possibility.

I predict that the race will be much closer than Franken's staffers believe. He needs to underestimate the challenge, and I believe he's arrogant and delusional enough to do it.

The Governor's race is a little different, because Dayton doesn't even speak well. Franken can kiss babies and talk in sound bites, but Dayton just looks like he's in way over his head any time he's behind a podium. It' s great that a rich guy has an interest in public service, but Dayton should donate some money to the Red Cross or some other worthy, non-partisan charity and call it good. He tries too hard to avoid controversy and still ends up on the wrong side of the debate most of the time.

Franken is more of a snake in the weeds, and I don't trust him to run an honest campaign. That doesn't mean he can't be beaten, however.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby MaryB on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Franken has pissed off to many Minnesotans with his condescending attitude and his email replies are the worst. All I, I , I no we did this, we did that.

So back to thinking about gov, will wait to see who gets endorsed before finishing my ballot and mailing it in.
MaryB

Choices for governor

Postby plblark on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 pm

I've liked Johnson for a long time. Plain spoken, direct, honest, and consistent. He's a principled man but not a zealot. He'd make a great governor.

Ot: seifert was at a parade recently. I got a first hand opportunity to tell him he lost my vote with his convention stunt. He just kept walking.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:59 am

MaryB wrote:Franken has pissed off to many Minnesotans with his condescending attitude and his email replies are the worst. All I, I , I no we did this, we did that.

So back to thinking about gov, will wait to see who gets endorsed before finishing my ballot and mailing it in.

Franken may have pissed people off, but the moochers and parasites who infest this state will stand in long lines to vote for him as long as they think he's the one who will give them more free stuff.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Spartan on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 pm

low turn out in November will cost Dayton and Franken ..... but so what .... Mc Fadden doesn't do anything for you anyway
Spartan

Postby MJY65 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 am

Spartan wrote:low turn out in November will cost Dayton and Franken ..... but so what .... Mc Fadden doesn't do anything for you anyway

Perhaps in the initial count, but I have no doubt they'll find enough boxes of absentee ballots in car trunks to push them back on top.

As for McFadden, I really hope he starts to get a message out. His website doesn't have very much on issues, and all the public sees on TV is a dorky football coach ad.
MJY65

Postby JeremiahMN on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:33 am

MJY65 wrote:
Spartan wrote:low turn out in November will cost Dayton and Franken ..... but so what .... Mc Fadden doesn't do anything for you anyway

Perhaps in the initial count, but I have no doubt they'll find enough boxes of absentee ballots in car trunks to push them back on top.

As for McFadden, I really hope he starts to get a message out. His website doesn't have very much on issues, and all the public sees on TV is a dorky football coach ad.

McFadden has gotten his message out? It's "Sack Obamacare!" hahaha, that's all he's got. I'd almost swear that the Dems are secretly behind McFadden's campaign, I can't imagine else he could do to help Franken even more than he already is.
JeremiahMN

Return to Politics