Dodge County Sheriff

Firearms related political discussion forum

Dodge County Sheriff

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Anyone have some insight on the better candidate here?

Current Sheriff Jim Jensen vs Challenger Scott Rose

There's been some drama in the department in the past, which is why I believe Scott is running against him. I've personally not had any issues (other than the $100 permit fee), however it was a very fast turnaround.
Thunder71

Re: Dodge County Sheriff

Postby RobD on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm

GOCRA Grades and PAC endorsements will be out soon.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:45 pm

RobD wrote:GOCRA Grades and PAC endorsements will be out soon.

Neither of these two folks submitted a survey.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Voting for the status quo might be best in that case.
Thunder71

Postby 2in2out on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Thunder71 wrote:Voting for the status quo might be best in that case.

I was wondering the same thing. I do have some experience with law enforcement in Dodge County (and not in a bad way), and don't know which way to go.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Thunder71 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

I'd really hate to vote by amount Facebook likes :?

Jensen: 78
https://www.facebook.com/JensenForSheriff

Rose: 1394
https://www.facebook.com/roseforsheriff

I don't have an experience with Scott, though I've heard good things and an email I received regarding his 2A stance wasn't alarming, he seems to support the right with proper training.

I do have some experience with Jim, in that he does the Tai Kwon Do training and my kids have all been in his classes, he seems like a good local community type of guy, and seems to respect the right to carry.
Thunder71

Postby vingrjoe on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:52 am

I just received a magazine published by a company in Wisconsin, the magazine is called Outer Boundary. I have never heard of it before nor do I have a subscription. However, in this edition I received was a 4-5 page story on the "Keystone Cops of Dodge County, MN". It goes on in detail outlining the alleged corruption of sheriff candidate Rose and the Dodge Co. prosecutor.

If the article is truthful, it may be dangerous to elect such a person in that position, to the office of sheriff. The alleged corruption would only continue on a greater scale.

If the article is deceitful and only meant to smear people, then the publisher and author of the article should be held accountable.

However, I did hear about Mr. Rose being asked how he would respond to any unconstitutional gun laws passed by the State of Minnesota. He gave an unclear reply. He hinted that his actions would be based on state law versus the Bill of rights to the US Constitution. In his defense, he at first thought the question was referring to the pot laws in Colorado. Also, the question asked was not as precise as the person could have asked it.

As a side note, I do not know Sheriff Jensen nor Mr. Rose personally.

EDIT: Thinking about this some more, we all have an obligation to find out as much as we can about any candidate;whether sheriff, senator, president, etc. We need to be able to discern fact from fiction, truth from lies. In other words, it requires time on our parts to get informed and to make the best decision we can, if at all possible.
Last edited by vingrjoe on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vingrjoe

Postby mrp on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 pm

vingrjoe wrote:I just received a magazine published by a company in Wisconsin, the magazine is called Outer Boundary. I have never heard of it before nor do I have a subscription. However, in this edition I received was a 4-5 page story on the "Keystone Cops of Dodge County, MN".

The article in question:
http://outerboundarymagazin.wix.com/outer-boundary?_escaped_fragment_=keystone-cops/c2222#!keystone-cops/c2222
mrp

Postby 2in2out on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Wow - thanks for the link. Except for the car accident (which I didn't know about), I know the other events actually happened.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to Politics