Election Day

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Election Day

Postby Deputyhiro on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Went to my rural voting station. There were 4 election judges, and 1 other guy voting. I walked up to the machine with my ballot, and said "I hope this machine machine has been calibrated correctly." I was being a smart ass, yes. But there was a hint of truth to my question. No one said a peep. Not a smile, chuckle, nothing. I felt a little uneasy. :?
It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
Deputyhiro

Postby SparkyJeff on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Tronster wrote:Cast my vote just now. I really hope we can oust a few of these politicians that have been making a fool of themselves the last couple years.

Is there a website for current voting results so far, or do I have to wait til tomorrow?

Try here
http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby mrp on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Tronster wrote:
Is there a website for current voting results so far, or do I have to wait til tomorrow?

Google is pulling data from the AP. See:

https://www.google.com/search?q=minneso ... on+results

Also:

http://apps.mprnews.org/election2014/
mrp

Postby Lumpy on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Disappointing that MN bucked the trend by not dumping an anti-gun governor and US senator.
Lumpy

Postby MJY65 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Lumpy wrote:Disappointing that MN bucked the trend by not dumping an anti-gun governor and US senator.

Yes it is. What is it about this state that the majority can't see what the rest of the country did? While I don't know that Dayton is particularly hard core anti-gun, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to sign legislation that made it to his desk. Franken, on the other hand has proven himself to be our enemy.
Last edited by MJY65 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJY65

Postby 20mm on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:I was #288 at around 11AM in my ward. Had a TON of unopposed judges (10th district court) running for re-election including one that was our former city attorney....wish someone was running against him so I could have voted against that former city attorney. As it was, I left all the judgeships unchecked.

It's a racket. Judges are fighting to get themselves removed from ballots all together.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby jshuberg on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:45 pm

One of my coworkers wrote in "Lizard People" for every race on the ballot, and thought it was funny. For whatever reason people here in MN are idiots when it comes to choosing competent representation. I fully suspect that the next Governor to be elected will be a sock puppet named Smiley.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Previous

Return to Politics