RSVP for MN Gun Owners Lobby Day - January 26th

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: RSVP for MN Gun Owners Lobby Day - January 26th

Postby MWAG on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:16 am

cobb wrote:
photogpat wrote:I took it to mean....No....thank YOU!

Probably right, I first took at he was mad.

Sorry, should have clarified, I'm not mad. I was thanking Bryan (and others) for their hard work, and planning this event.

Of which I will be attending
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby 2in2out on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:35 pm

And, I want to say "thank you" to those that organized and those who attended, also. Looks like it was a great day for it, and things went well.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby xd ED on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:56 pm

2in2out wrote:And, I want to say "thank you" to those that organized and those who attended, also. Looks like it was a great day for it, and things went well.

The weather wasn't as warm (at least for how I dressed)/ nor the crowd as large/ nor did I have as much time to hang around as I would have liked - still it was a great event.

Complete with a GOCRA Banner aircraft-towed around the Capitol overhead. Even had our own heckler: GO OCRA :roll:

Thanks to all who made it happen
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:02 pm

xd ED wrote:
2in2out wrote:And, I want to say "thank you" to those that organized and those who attended, also. Looks like it was a great day for it, and things went well.

The weather wasn't as warm (at least for how I dressed)/ nor the crowd as large/ nor did I have as much time to hang around as I would have liked - still it was a great event.

Complete with a GOCRA Banner aircraft-towed around the Capitol overhead. Even had our own heckler: GO OCRA :roll:

Thanks to all who made it happen

I walked out of my office thinking it was a nice day then got over to the capital and the wind was mighty brisk. Could have been worse.

I ignored Mr. Ocra but I liked the plane.
Ghost

Postby photogpat on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm

That was a good time! Glad to see so many folks from the Internet who made it. We all laughed that we should have name tags with usernames.

The heckler was widely entertaining....nothing like trying to pick a fight with gun owners. We behaved admirably, as usual.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks to everyone that showed up!

We had great support from the legislators - and you can't go wrong with a Speaker of the House who has a carry permit :)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:37 pm

bstrawse wrote:Thanks to everyone that showed up!

We had great support from the legislators - and you can't go wrong with a Speaker of the House who has a carry permit :)
B

Would have been better if Mr. Speaker had also showed off his firearm. ;)

Nice job on your MCing. Was a good event but needed more people in attendance.
Ghost

Postby MWAG on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:41 pm

Ghost wrote:I walked out of my office thinking it was a nice day then got over to the capital and the wind was mighty brisk. Could have been worse.

Yes, being out on the plaza, the wind blew through pretty hard. For being about 40 degrees out, that wind sure didn't make it feel that warm out.

Also loved the plane, and got a chuckle out of blaze orange Mr. Ocra. I suspect that either he missed the portion of the email about behavior. Or, I suspect, was there to possibly cause a little trouble as a mole?
I've been wrong once in my life

GOCRA member
MWAG

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 pm

It appeared to me (50' away) that Mr Ocra's blaze orange camo jacket was pretty new/ fresh. I wonder if he didn't have a friend in the crowd with a camera, waiting to record him getting man-handled.

It was a calm, sunny 40° when I left home a few miles away; on the mall, not so much.

Nice article @ http://photos.twincities.com/2015/01/26/gun-rights-advocates-hold-gun-owners-lobby-day-at-state-capitol/#2

even if the writer wasn't able to discern a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance from singing the national anthem. . . .
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 pm

MWAG wrote:
Ghost wrote:I walked out of my office thinking it was a nice day then got over to the capital and the wind was mighty brisk. Could have been worse.

Yes, being out on the plaza, the wind blew through pretty hard. For being about 40 degrees out, that wind sure didn't make it feel that warm out.

Also loved the plane, and got a chuckle out of blaze orange Mr. Ocra. I suspect that either he missed the portion of the email about behavior. Or, I suspect, was there to possibly cause a little trouble as a mole?

He was a known anti-gunner. Since this is a public form, I won't comment further.

b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Previous

Return to Politics