MN SF 28

Firearms related political discussion forum

MN SF 28

Postby Citiot on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 pm

OK, my understanding is that GOCRA/MN GUN PAC, etc talked about a new bill that would eliminate the redundant, superfluous and unnecessary requirement to tell the State Capitol police that you might carry a gun while on the capitol grounds since the P2C database already has that information.

However, I did see another thing that I didn't see attributed to GOCRA/MN GUN PAC

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.p ... n=0&y=2015

"...PROHIBITION ON PARTICIPATION IN FEDERAL VIOLATIONS OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT..."

Then I saw this page addressing MN SF 28 and urging everyone to call Ron Latz and the rest of the Judiciary Committee to pass it on Committee vote.

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/20 ... port-sf28/

So, my question is "Is SF 28 known to GOCRA/ MN GUN PAC?" Am I just wrong?

My thoughts is that if a bunch of people call Ron Latz and say they want to "preempt" any federal gun control legislation, he will do anything in his power to stop any pro gun movement, even a "common sense" bill that removes the requirement to tell the capital police you might be carrying on the grounds.

Or in a more picturesque manner, a bunch of 2A people calling Ron Latz would cause him to act like:

Citiot

Re: MN SF 28

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: SF28. We're aware of this bill and have met with Senator Petersen about it.

I'm not sure if you had a particular question about SF28 - but both GOCRA and the PAC are aware of it.

Re: Capitol Notification

Rep. Jim Nash and several others introduced HF372 yesterday. The bill was assigned to the Public Safety Committee - I imagine there will be a hearing later in the session.

You can read HF372 here: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/bill.p ... n=0&y=2015

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Citiot on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks.

Do you recommend calling us calling Ron Latz et al about MN SF 28?
Citiot

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Citiot wrote:Thanks.

Do you recommend calling us calling Ron Latz et al about MN SF 28?

I do. It definitely can't hurt.

Keep in mind that Senator Latz gets pretty butthurt with anyone that holds a different opinion ;)
B
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby greenfarmer on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:00 am

Ok, I want to point this out right away.... I'm not trying to start any fights here...

But I want to know if GOCRA or GOPAC has been talking with anyone about the suppressor issues? Or am I the only one who has contacted anyone about it?

I want to know if GOCRA or GOPAC are being on the offensive this year, or are you just trying to defend things for us?

I do understand guys like Latz don't want to hear it. And they all want to take away our guns... Even the old rubber band around the finger gun.. But instead of always being the ones that sit back and wait for the fight to come to us. We need to step up and take it to them. We need to call, write, email, visit person to person with our rep's and we need to push forward with things we want. Eventually, they will give in to us! At some point they will get tired of always fighting against us, and trying to find a reason that we can't, shouldn't, or don't need things, that they will just give in at some point.

Maybe i'm just crabby this morning, and tired of seeing things in the news that paint a negative picture. The fishwrap factory's cartoon, now this "straw purchase" about the gun used in the city council shooting.... Well, how about we get on the offensive? Can't we find someone in Wisconsin, and work with him, and the local news media to take them to a range, and show them the difference a suppressor makes? Let's get on the offensive, and start showing the media the things that are positive about things we want! Let's not wait for them to attack us, and us having to be on the defensive... Let's attack them! And make them have to defend themselves, let's be the aggressors here when it comes to laws!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby BigBlue on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 am

Greenfarmer:

Try following MNGOPAC's Facebook page... Then you'd know what they've been up to, including advocating the introduction of HF372 and the start of a suppressor ban repeal. Perhaps you should contact them and volunteer your time to assist, since you feel so strongly about being on the offensive.

BB
BigBlue

Postby greenfarmer on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:55 am

BigBlue wrote:Greenfarmer:

Try following MNGOPAC's Facebook page... Then you'd know what they've been up to, including advocating the introduction of HF372 and the start of a suppressor ban repeal. Perhaps you should contact them and volunteer your time to assist, since you feel so strongly about being on the offensive.

BB

Not a facebook fan... Anti-social media... Don't need everyone knowing every time i'm takin a deuce... Social media is the downfall of society. Reason people have forgotten about 1 on 1 contact. Having a normal conversation, using a phone, and flat out just meeting up with your friend or neighbor for a cup of coffee and to have a normal chat.

And I've called and/or emailed over a dozen different representatives about legalizing suppressors. Among other gun related rights.

Will you now be so kind as to send me a donation?
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby bstrawse on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 pm

greenfarmer wrote:Ok, I want to point this out right away.... I'm not trying to start any fights here...

But I want to know if GOCRA or GOPAC has been talking with anyone about the suppressor issues? Or am I the only one who has contacted anyone about it?

I want to know if GOCRA or GOPAC are being on the offensive this year, or are you just trying to defend things for us?

I do understand guys like Latz don't want to hear it. And they all want to take away our guns... Even the old rubber band around the finger gun.. But instead of always being the ones that sit back and wait for the fight to come to us. We need to step up and take it to them. We need to call, write, email, visit person to person with our rep's and we need to push forward with things we want. Eventually, they will give in to us! At some point they will get tired of always fighting against us, and trying to find a reason that we can't, shouldn't, or don't need things, that they will just give in at some point.

Maybe i'm just crabby this morning, and tired of seeing things in the news that paint a negative picture. The fishwrap factory's cartoon, now this "straw purchase" about the gun used in the city council shooting.... Well, how about we get on the offensive? Can't we find someone in Wisconsin, and work with him, and the local news media to take them to a range, and show them the difference a suppressor makes? Let's get on the offensive, and start showing the media the things that are positive about things we want! Let's not wait for them to attack us, and us having to be on the defensive... Let's attack them! And make them have to defend themselves, let's be the aggressors here when it comes to laws!

GOCRA and the MNGOPAC have been pushing a number of legislative agenda items - including suppressors, capitol notification, and others. Suppressors are one of our top legislative agenda items for 2015.

I thought we sent a pretty clear message at the MN Gun Owners Lobby Day rally earlier this week that we were going to be on the offensive this year, rather than just playing defense.

Are you on the GOCRA and PAC mailing lists? I know we (MNGOPAC) push regular updates on this and other topics. Signup at http://mngopac.org -- signup for GOCRA's at http://gocra.org.

Hope this helps -
Thanks,
Bryan
bstrawse

Postby BigBlue on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 pm

greenfarmer wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Greenfarmer:

BB

Not a facebook fan... Anti-social media... Don't need everyone knowing every time i'm takin a deuce... Social media is the downfall of society. Reason people have forgotten about 1 on 1 contact. Having a normal conversation, using a phone, and flat out just meeting up with your friend or neighbor for a cup of coffee and to have a normal chat.

And I've called and/or emailed over a dozen different representatives about legalizing suppressors. Among other gun related rights.

Will you now be so kind as to send me a donation?

Well, if you choose to avoid popular sources of information then don't be surprised or dismayed that you don't hear about things happening. I just tried to assist you. If that's your response then you're on your own.

I'd make a donation if you had a track record of success. Let me know what you've accomplished.

BB
BigBlue

Postby JJ on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Supressor legislation was heavily supported at #MNGOLD. I know myself and MANY of the other GOCRA/GOPAC supporters spent time face to face with their legislators.

If you take the time to follow FB, and the coverage there you will see many people had positive responses with their legislators (including some DFL'ers). You do t have to be active on FB to follow these things. In fact, you could create an account and put up all your privacy filters, not friend anyone, and stay I touch with THE most up to date commentary. Forums are a dying medium for transmitting this information. You will find a lot more over on FB.

Or you can stick your head in the sand and rely on yesterday's news tomorrow via the forums.
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby RobD on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:22 pm

I'd say it's on the PAC's mind.

Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby dismal on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:59 pm

greenfarmer wrote:
Not a facebook fan... Anti-social media... Don't need everyone knowing every time i'm takin a deuce...

You don't have to login (or post your bathroom activity) to Facebook to read the GOCRA/MNGOPAC pages...

greenfarmer wrote:Social media is the downfall of society. Reason people have forgotten about 1 on 1 contact. Having a normal conversation, using a phone, and flat out just meeting up with your friend or neighbor for a cup of coffee and to have a normal chat.

You realize that MNGT is a form of social media, right? :D
dismal

Return to Politics