Firearms related political discussion forum

Hand Guns Banned In California?

Postby LarryP on Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Doesn't look good. You can blame Arnold for this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02 ... mping-law/
LarryP

Hand Guns Banned In California?

Postby PhilaBOR on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:42 am

Love the photo of the micro stamp. Those dots have to be on the order of a thousandth of an inch. Firing pin tip steel? Carbide? Ceramic? How long will it last under normal use? Under a ceramic or diamond file? How much does it add to the cost of a gun?
I can hear Eric and Nell saying "we only got a partial imprint but we're running it against the gun database and cross referencing with facial recognition" or some such tripe.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Re: Hand Guns Banned In California?

Postby Nougat on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 am

hadn't even thought of the fact it could be easily filed off, when I was thinking that leaving casings isn't really that hard to prevent. making this kind of how do you say?? stupid I think it is. csi said rifling is like a signature...I guess if you had to provide a spent round it'd be a ticket to being framed though so thats a pretty crap solution as a ''compromise''

''just say you want ten then when they beg you to only take five they think they won something''-some corrupt guy on that Johnny Depp rum diaries movie ...not completely related but whatever.
Nougat

Postby jdege on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:51 am

Nougat wrote:hadn't even thought of the fact it could be easily filed off, when I was thinking that leaving casings isn't really that hard to prevent.

Leaving cases is easy. All you need is a trip to a local range where off-duty cops train, and maybe a broom.
jdege

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 am

jdege wrote:
Nougat wrote:hadn't even thought of the fact it could be easily filed off, when I was thinking that leaving casings isn't really that hard to prevent.

Leaving cases is easy. All you need is a trip to a local range where off-duty cops train, and maybe a broom.

I remember when I was 4 and thought it'd be a good idea to pave the world to make driving places easier too.This to me is also a solution to solving crimes based on 4 year olds intelligence. Just replace the firing pin with one from a free state, this is not a workable solution to anything and completely unenforceable. Guns that are currently not microstamped will be expensive so the black market guns will flow freely, probably export some F&F guns in from Mexico. Gangs can just clean up after a rival drive by, use those cases for framing said rival in the future. What a great idea.

Gangsters will be rocking these
ImageImage
Ghost

Postby Nougat on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:37 am

after they wear a bit and start to look like each other(the stampers), everyone should be cool with being investigated because they own a gun that could have had their microstamp become similar to the one on the casing (that stil had to be left )that they found, and they probably wouldn't find it invasive at all :roll: (and if they did:gunnuts are murderers?) and there are absolutely enough law enforcement resources available to do that kind of investigation(they already check everyone with the same caliber out and about everytime they couldn't solve something?-this could actually be true? exept for the people that aren't ''registered''-because they really already are- and so the ones most likely to actually do crime remain unbothered while Folks are ''X-rayed'')

sorry if my ramble up there isn't clear as to what point I'm trying to make...but I hope its at least understandable, despite failing English :ugeek:
Nougat

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Nougat wrote:after they wear a bit and start to look like each other(the stampers), everyone should be cool with being investigated because they own a gun that could have had their microstamp become similar to the one on the casing (that stil had to be left )that they found, and they probably wouldn't find it invasive at all :roll: (and if they did:gunnuts are murderers?) and there are absolutely enough law enforcement resources available to do that kind of investigation(they already check everyone with the same caliber out and about everytime they couldn't solve something?-this could actually be true? exept for the people that aren't ''registered''-because they really already are- and so the ones most likely to actually do crime remain unbothered while Folks are ''X-rayed'')

sorry if my ramble up there isn't clear as to what point I'm trying to make...but I hope its at least understandable, despite failing English :ugeek:

Makes more sense than the microstamp law.
Ghost

Postby Pat Cannon on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 pm

The only thing I like about this idea is it makes my revolvers automatically into badass gangster weapons.
Pat Cannon

Postby MaryB on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:00 pm

This is the stupidity you get when people who have zero gun knowledge write gun laws! Like to moron in CO that said as soon as all the bullets are fired those clips(magazines to us) will be useless...
MaryB

Return to Politics