shtf? MOA attack?

Firearms related political discussion forum

shtf? MOA attack?

Postby John S. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:45 am

Hope all the anti-gun supporters feel a bit unpreparerd today. "It's on!"

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28 ... baab-video

Mall of America named as target in al-Shabaab video
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Re: shtf? MOA attack?

Postby LePetomane on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:54 am

I'm not afraid of them..I refuse to live my life in fear of them. Remember the Boston Marathon bomber? The city was a police state on lockdown until the guy was caught. Will that happen here? What will be the response that Governor Dayton will give? Will he flee here like he did DC during September 11?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby xd ED on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:58 am

Threat of a terror attack on the MoA is reason #4 or 5 as to why I don't shop there.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby onebohemian on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:04 am

John S. wrote:Hope all the anti-gun supporters feel a bit unpreparerd today. "It's on!"

I assume you are not being sarcastic, John, and instead are actually suggesting that anti-gun advocates or the Mall's ownership deserve the apprehension they may be feeling from what sounds like a legitimate terror threat against our country. It is reckless comments like this, made for who knows what reason, that erode the credibility we need when we argue for our rights to defend ourselves against everyday crime present at the Mall and elsewhere.
Mark

"Edited to remove prohibited content."(2009).

"It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it." (In honor of 'Goalie,' 2013).
onebohemian

Postby John S. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am

Sarcastic, yes, no? I've been asked before, when somebody sees my gun, "are you expecting trouble?"

I just answer nope, I'm not expecting a fire either, but, I keep a fire extinguisher handy.

I own a gun, to CMA, you my neighbor, need to figure out how to CYOA. ;)
Last edited by John S. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby LarryP on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:27 am

IMO these alerts are political With possible Home Land Security being shut down over immigration etc
LarryP

Postby John S. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:30 am

LarryP wrote:IMO these alerts are political With possible Home Land Security being shut down over immigration etc

Now, there's a thought, thanks Larry. Yeah, like Obama's HLS, is ever going to be woth funding to begin with, %%$##, now, look what you did Lary, $%%^&^^%$# politics! :twisted:
John S.

Postby Ghost on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:02 pm

xd ED wrote:Threat of a terror attack on the MoA is reason #4 or 5 as to why I don't shop there.

I was there yesterday. Not a single problem was encountered.
Ghost

Postby Hmac on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:15 pm

John S. wrote:Sarcastic, yes, no? I've been asked before, when somebody sees my gun, "are you expecting trouble?"

I just answer nope, I'm not expecting a fire either, but, I keep a fire extinguisher handy.

You carry a fire extinguisher with you when you go out?
Hmac

Postby yuppiejr on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Normally I just carry a roll of quarters when I'm out and about, a fire extinguisher is a whole new level of "happy to see you."
yuppiejr

Postby rtk on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:29 pm

xd ED wrote:Threat of a terror attack on the MoA is reason #4 or 5 as to why I don't shop there.

I totally agree.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby mrp on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Hmac wrote:
John S. wrote:Sarcastic, yes, no? I've been asked before, when somebody sees my gun, "are you expecting trouble?"

My response would be along the lines of....

I have one in every vehicle and several in my house and garage. Everywhere I go that isn't a private residence is required by law to have fire extinguishers/sprinklers/alarms/exits, etc. When I'm walking outside fire isn't a concern. So, I provide my own fire safety where others do not provide it for me. The same applies to my personal safety and my firearms.
mrp

Postby Hmac on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:14 pm

mrp wrote:
Hmac wrote:

My response would be along the lines of....

I have one in every vehicle and several in my house and garage. Everywhere I go that isn't a private residence is required by law to have fire extinguishers/sprinklers/alarms/exits, etc. When I'm walking outside fire isn't a concern. So, I provide my own fire safety where others do not provide it for me. The same applies to my personal safety and my firearms.

Nice! Very thorough.

Do you also wear a kevlar-reinforced helmet and 5 point restraint in your car? I mean, providing for your safety where other's don't provide it for you? Because you are in far more danger of being killed in a car accident than being killed in a terror attack, or dying in a structure fire.
Hmac

Postby John S. on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Hmac wrote:

My truck does, camper, house. Anyplace that "might catch fire," or, might need to defend myself, or familly! lol
John S.

Postby bstrawse on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 pm

The MN Gun Owners PAC was asked for comments for an upcoming Star Tribune story - here's what we told them:

"The Mall of America has long had a policy to prohibit lawful carry of firearms by Minnesotans, including posting signs throughout the mall and removing permit holders seen to be carrying firearms.

Minnesota law, however, prohibits a landlord from interfering with the carrying of firearms under MN statute 624.714 by tenants or their guests.

The Mall of America is well aware that as landlords they cannot ban lawful carry. Carrying at the Mall of America does not violate the law, only the mall's wishes.

The current threat environment makes it unconscionable to seek to prohibit self-defense by the mall's customers."

- Bryan Strawser, Executive Director, Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Next

Return to Politics