shtf? MOA attack?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: shtf? MOA attack?

Postby steve4102 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 am

jshuberg wrote:

Note that the mall has remained silent despite Rep Cornish's claims. If they believed him wrong, given the current circumstances, they would make a statement to the press. When contacted, the mall has been silent on this issue. They are trying to make the sheep feel safe with their signs, that's all.

Why would they?

They have no reason to speak to the press or anyone else about this. Making a statement to the press may make you feel better, but it will do nothing as far as the MOA is concerned.

They have their rules and they don't have to justify them to you or anyone else, for now.

If they are in violation of the law, then it's up to the State and our courts to charge them and to prove it, they do not have to defend themselves to the public.

If ya want someone to step up to the Microphone, how about AG Mz Swanson. You would think given the current circumstances, she would make a statement to the press.
Last edited by steve4102 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve4102

Postby s4oak on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:37 am

greenfarmer wrote:
s4oak wrote:
greenfarmer wrote:The mall should have security at every entrance. I don't care how big of a hassle people think it would be, it would be worth it. Just checking packages that are being carried in. There's nothing you can do about the parking ramp. But atleast it would keep something major from happening inside the mall.

Heck no. It's already ridiculous that they have metal detectors at pro sports games. The last thing we need is *more* metal detectors springing up at shopping malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, gatherings of more than 10 people, etc. I'd much rather get blown up by a terrorist at some point than spend my entire life being scanned & wanded & frisked & searched every time I go out in public.

Just gotta ask.....

But who said anything about metal detectors? Quite a few posts here talking about metal detectors. But I know I don't see any "metal detector" in my original post. Maybe i'm illiterate, but I sure don't see it. I do see the words security, and checking packages being brought in. But I don't see the term "metal detector"..

How else do you think they would conduct a security checkpoint? It'd be either standing medal detectors or wands, and bag inspections or xrays.

Also, I did venture to the mall at some point in the last week since it's conveniently located for me and I needed to pick some things up. Everything looked like business as usual to me. Number of people looked typical for the time of day I was there, and the only security/police that were visible were two guards in white shirts hanging out chatting. The only thing that stood out at all to me were the signs on their electronic screens that said "if you see something, say something," which I believe are new.

s4oak

Postby 20mm on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:19 am

s4oak wrote:How else do you think they would conduct a security checkpoint?

I think a dress code would be interesting.

"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Previous

Return to Politics