shtf? MOA attack?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: shtf? MOA attack?

Postby greenfarmer on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am

MJY65 wrote:There is a very easy way for a terrorist to get a fairly hefty amount of explosive right into the mall without drawing any attention. You see it all the time. No point in discussing it here in case there's an idiot out there looking for an idea.

Well if they want an idea.... I have a great, foolproof idea...

Terrorists... Drive a moving truck to the mall... And have big lettering on the side of it... Make sure it says... "BOMB ON BOARD".... Nobody would be suspicious of that!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:01 am

greenfarmer wrote:
MJY65 wrote:There is a very easy way for a terrorist to get a fairly hefty amount of explosive right into the mall without drawing any attention. You see it all the time. No point in discussing it here in case there's an idiot out there looking for an idea.

Well if they want an idea.... I have a great, foolproof idea...

Terrorists... Drive a moving truck to the mall... And have big lettering on the side of it... Make sure it says... "BOMB ON BOARD".... Nobody would be suspicious of that!

But, Baby On Board, the cops would be all over that one! lol :lol:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby george on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:05 am

Jest had a Congressman on the news claim the threat has always been there but some are using scare tactics on malls to force DHS funding ending Friday.
(like funding for anything has ever ended)
I would wager anyone not going to work after Friday at DHS will get there back pay anyway like always. NO WORK, PAY ANYWAY!!!
MOA is becoming of more interest if for no other reason than all the News Coverage now.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby s4oak on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 am

greenfarmer wrote:The mall should have security at every entrance. I don't care how big of a hassle people think it would be, it would be worth it. Just checking packages that are being carried in. There's nothing you can do about the parking ramp. But atleast it would keep something major from happening inside the mall.

Heck no. It's already ridiculous that they have metal detectors at pro sports games. The last thing we need is *more* metal detectors springing up at shopping malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, gatherings of more than 10 people, etc. I'd much rather get blown up by a terrorist at some point than spend my entire life being scanned & wanded & frisked & searched every time I go out in public.

s4oak

Postby tenmilmag on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 am

New signs for MOA :)
Attachments
image.jpg
tenmilmag

Postby 20mm on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:39 am

bstrawse wrote:
20mm wrote:Today seems like the perfect day to have an open carry demonstration outside the MoA!

Who's in?

Which would solve... what problem, exactly?

Who says you need to solve problems to demonstrate that you can open carry?

Of course if you need a problem there are lots of groups you can join.

"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby ex-LT on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 am

s4oak wrote:
greenfarmer wrote:The mall should have security at every entrance. I don't care how big of a hassle people think it would be, it would be worth it. Just checking packages that are being carried in. There's nothing you can do about the parking ramp. But atleast it would keep something major from happening inside the mall.

Heck no. It's already ridiculous that they have metal detectors at pro sports games. The last thing we need is *more* metal detectors springing up at shopping malls, movie theaters, grocery stores, gatherings of more than 10 people, etc. I'd much rather get blown up by a terrorist at some point than spend my entire life being scanned & wanded & frisked & searched every time I go out in public.

Agreed. In the immortal words of Ben Franklin...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

FTR, I feel the same way about TSA.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby xd ED on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 am

ex-LT wrote:
s4oak wrote:

Agreed. In the immortal words of Ben Franklin...

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

FTR, I feel the same way about TSA.

Maybe it's a function of getting older, but I care far less about how I might die, then how I will live.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 am

xd ED wrote:Maybe it's a function of getting older, but I care far less about how I might die, then how I will live.

No kidding. Being killed due to some idiot's religious fantasy is a stupid way to die, but so is getting killed because of some idiot's drinking habit, texting, etc.

No way in heck I want to go through a metal detector everywhere I go "just to be safe".
MJY65

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:42 am

I got no problem with the serious security at Airports, but, if that kind of security winds up every place you turn around, then.................................maybe those @#@#%$$#@ #@#$, WON!
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby djont57 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 pm

John S. wrote:I got no problem with the serious security at Airports, but, if that kind of security winds up every place you turn around, then.................................maybe those @#@#%$$#@ #@#$, WON!
I believe they already won; just this imagine how much air play this video received globally, now imagine all pointy haired borocrats meeting to find a solution.
djont57

Postby Bessy on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:35 pm

John S. wrote:I got no problem with the serious security at Airports, but, if that kind of security winds up every place you turn around, then.................................maybe those @#@#%$$#@ #@#$, WON!

The added security at airports has cost many more lives then it has saved. It has not only inconvenienced travelers but has resulted in more deaths then the 9/11 attacks themselves.

A poll taken a few years ago found that americans are taking millions of road trips where prior to 9/11 security they would have flown. It's much safer to fly, then it is to drive. Statistically speaking the lives lost by Americans choosing to drive, rather than deal with the TSA, is an order of magnitude higher than those taken by terrorist attacks.

Unintended consequences of the best intentions.

The minute people figured out that hijacker was going to crash the plane rather than fly to cuba, using a plane as a suicide weapon was no longer an affective strategy. The passengers awareness, not the TSA is what is keeping us safe.
Last edited by Bessy on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby John S. on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 pm

Bessy wrote:

The added security at airports has cost many more lives then it has saved. It has not only inconvenienced travelers but has resulted in more deaths then the 9/11 attacks themselves.

A poll taken a few years ago found that americans are talking millions of road trips where prior to 9/11 security they would have flown. It's much safer to fly, then it is to drive. Statistically speaking the lives lost by Americans choosing to drive, rather than deal with the TSA, is an order of magnitude higher than those taken by terrorist attacks.

Unintended consequences of the best laid intentions.

The minute people figured out that hijacker was going to crash the plane rather than fly to cuba, using a plane as a suicide weapon was no longer an affective strategy. The passengers awareness, not the TSA is what is keeping us safe.

Good Point!
John S.

Postby goett047 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:19 pm

But seriously, who among us actually goes to the mall or has a need to??
goett047

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Me, I love it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

PreviousNext

Return to Politics