Hawaii Five-0 Show is not 2A friendly

Firearms related political discussion forum

Hawaii Five-0 Show is not 2A friendly

Postby BigBlue on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 am

I don't know if it is the writers or CBS pushing it, but I've noticed numerous times while watching this show that they do a lot to subtly bash 2A causes. For instance, in a recent episode a bad guy is on the run and he walks into a (very stereotypically seedy) gun store and the loser-looking proprietor smiles and says "How can I help you exercise your second amendment rights today?". The bad guy then ends up stealing everything he needs to go on a full-out assault on the police, including multiple full-auto weapons and full body armor suit (including helmet) which he uses to mow down countless police officers and innocent civilians. The message is blatant: Gun stores are bad because anybody can end up with everything they need to militarize themselves and go on a rampage. It's almost as if Heather M. wrote the script for them.

I like the show overall, but I really hate it when they do things like that.

BB
BigBlue

Postby george on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:27 am

Thing I'd like to know is, what percentage of the general public seeing this believe it. Most normal people know better but so many are so book smart they have NO common sense any more.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Re: Hawaii Five-0 Show is not 2A friendly

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:15 am

I have the same love hate relationship with Elementary - about every other episode the main character goes on a rant about how ridiculous the laws in the US ara regarding firearms etc etc.

I do think the Left Coast writers just can't help themselves to interjecting some sort of political jab. Most of the shows on television today are not at all aligned with the real world, so I don't know why we would be surprised.

The only way to fight back is to refuse to watch, refuse to support thier sponsors and let them know - I doubt they'll care. There are enough TV Zombies out there that don't possess the self awarness or critical thinking skills to know they should resist.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:28 pm

BigBlue wrote:I don't know if it is the writers or CBS pushing it, but I've noticed numerous times while watching this show that they do a lot to subtly bash 2A causes. For instance, in a recent episode a bad guy is on the run and he walks into a (very stereotypically seedy) gun store and the loser-looking proprietor smiles and says "How can I help you exercise your second amendment rights today?". The bad guy then ends up stealing everything he needs to go on a full-out assault on the police, including multiple full-auto weapons and full body armor suit (including helmet) which he uses to mow down countless police officers and innocent civilians. The message is blatant: Gun stores are bad because anybody can end up with everything they need to militarize themselves and go on a rampage. It's almost as if Heather M. wrote the script for them.

BB

Happens a lot in the movies too: The title character of The Terminator walks into a gun shop and walks out with an arsenal. In Commando the hero needs a lot of firepower quick, so he just steals a bulldozer, rams through the front of a gun store and takes enough guns and ammo to storm a compound. And In Robocop 2 a street gang breaks into a gun store and steals full-auto rifles and an RPG.

Apparently every gun store is an auxiliary National Guard Armory.
Lumpy

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

BigBlue wrote:I don't know if it is the writers or CBS pushing it, but I've noticed numerous times while watching this show that they do a lot to subtly bash 2A causes. For instance, in a recent episode a bad guy is on the run and he walks into a (very stereotypically seedy) gun store

How many gun stores are there in Hawaii?
jdege

Postby Hmac on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 pm

Second amendment doesn't apply in Hawaii.
Hmac

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:05 am

Are you guys seriously expecting anything other than an anti viewpoint coming from anything made in Holyweird?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:55 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Are you guys seriously expecting anything other than an anti viewpoint coming from anything made in Holyweird?

^^^THIS^^^

Whether subtle or overt, there has been an anti-gun/ anti 2A (there is a difference) message as long as they've been churning out their crap...

'trigger happy' buffoon-ish cops, armed citizens/ 'vigilante' shooting innocents, bambi-blasting poachers...

virtually every cop show made has at least one implication of the dangers of an armed populace.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am

I don't look to Hollywood for support or resistance. I expect them to keep me entertained.

When they start preaching, I change the channel/station/site.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby BigBlue on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:08 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Are you guys seriously expecting anything other than an anti viewpoint coming from anything made in Holyweird?

I expect ridiculousness from those folks. What I didn't expect (or was most irritated by) is the explicit work they are doing on behalf the antis to paint a biased and incorrect view of guns & gun owners. There is a difference between incompetence and intentionally working against us.
BigBlue

Postby wingrider on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:58 am

Saw one episode early in the series. Decided right then to never visit Hawaii. It is apparently far more dangerous than any territory currently held by ISIS. :roll:
wingrider

Postby 20mm on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:59 am

BigBlue wrote:I don't know if it is the writers or CBS pushing it, but I've noticed numerous times while watching this show that they do a lot to subtly bash 2A causes. For instance, in a recent episode a bad guy is on the run and he walks into a (very stereotypically seedy) gun store and the loser-looking proprietor smiles and says "How can I help you exercise your second amendment rights today?". The bad guy then ends up stealing everything he needs to go on a full-out assault on the police, including multiple full-auto weapons and full body armor suit (including helmet) which he uses to mow down countless police officers and innocent civilians. The message is blatant: Gun stores are bad because anybody can end up with everything they need to militarize themselves and go on a rampage. It's almost as if Heather M. wrote the script for them.

BB

Maybe you should watch more realistic movies.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Postby Northwoods_Jack on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:25 am

Yeah, the liberal (not so liberal?) agenda marches forward.

When communist-sh*tbird moments pop up, as they often do in modern productions, I just glance at my wife and/or daughters, and clear my throat.

They've never complained about living in a home with a responsible gun owner, and I've noticed that when something goes bump in the night, they seem comforted in how things get handled.
The man I meet with is not often so instructive as the silence he breaks.

- Thoreau
Northwoods_Jack

Return to Politics