offering money for voluntary confiscation

Firearms related political discussion forum

offering money for voluntary confiscation

Postby Stylin750 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Http://the hill.com/regulation/legislation/237983-dems-would-pay-gun-owners-to-turn-in-assault-rifles

I'm surprised no one had brought this up here. I ran across it on my Facebook feed. It was co sponsored by kieth Ellison and Betty McCollum. Their pushing a bill to make gun owners voluntarily give up their weapons of war in exchange for a $2000 dollar tax credit. Because in their eyes no one needs nor deserves to have these evil weapons which were only designed to kill large amounts of people in short amounts of time.

I think this a horrible waste of our tax dollars and should have nothing to do with this. Where do the dems come up with their dillusional paranoia?
Give me liberty or give me death... Those willing to give up liberty for safety deserve neither...
Stylin750

Re: offering money for voluntary confiscation

Postby LarryP on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:02 am

I need to find some old $200 rifles
LarryP

Postby linksep on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:08 am

I was thinking of selling a cheap surplus rifle, but now I guess I should hold on to it... I could sell it to the feds for 6x what it's actually worth...or maybe I do sell it then get a stripped lower for $100-something and sell it to the feds for 15x what it's worth! ;)
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 am

I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby atomic41 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 am

If this passes every cheap lower in the country will sell out in days, followed by a huge spike in gun sales. Gun manufacturers (especially of ARs) are going to get a huge boost.

I think the only thing that will stop most gun owners "upgrade plans", would be if they put in the language that doesn't allow turn ins of recently purchased lowers. Just like the car buyback program the feds did...you had to own the car and have it registered for at least a year prior to them buying it back to avoid the rush to buy $300 beaters to sell to the gov. I'll bet when they realize the big oops here that they change the language.
atomic41

Postby Scratch on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:11 am

Time to start buying some P-Tacs and Mossberg 715's!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:24 am

I like how it states this bill would not make it mandatory. ********. These dumb asses never read these bills so would think they would omit "not" to see if anyone catches it. The democrats are getting way out of hand trying to get our weapons.
Bearcatrp

Postby photogpat on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:55 am

Bearcatrp wrote:I like how it states this bill would not make it mandatory. ********. These dumb asses never read these bills so would think they would omit "not" to see if anyone catches it. The democrats are getting way out of hand trying to get our weapons.

Or simply wait for a Democrat Congress and then change the existing law to make it mandatory.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby chunkstyle on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:27 pm

My problem here is that it uses tax dollars.

Perfectly OK with them doing buy-backs with private money. But if it's tax dollars, or money from civil forfeiture, NO.
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Return to Politics