CONTACT GOV DAYTON RE Sign Suppressor Bill

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby striped1 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 am

Gentlemen

Please contact Gov. Mark Dayton and urge him to reconsider his threatened veto of this bill. A reasoned, sound argument from gun owners and specifically NFA gun owners could go a long way. He is characterizing this as a public safety issue that endangers police and "innocent bystanders" (his words from his letter threatening veto). It shows how much Hollywood hysteria surrounds this debate and the lack of sound facts.
If suppressors were a crime problem, our streets would already be awash in them as 39 states including the border states of ND, SD and WI already allow them and criminals wouldn't be stopping at the border just because they aren't yet legal here. The MN House and Senate have heard us and passed it, we need Governor Mark Dayton to hear us now. Please act.

http://mn.gov/governor/contact-us/form/
striped1

Re: CONTACT GOV DAYTON RE Sign Suppressor Bill

Postby Lumpy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:17 pm

I called Dayton's office but didn't identify myself as a gun owner; I said that Dayton's stance on guns "was hurting the Democratic Party". ;)
Lumpy

Postby MaryB on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:24 pm

Emailing him is worthless, one of his flunkies is probably deleting them so they can claim no support for it.
MaryB

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:29 pm

MaryB wrote:Emailing him is worthless, one of his flunkies is probably deleting them so they can claim no support for it.

I really doubt that. Too easy to get caught with back up on gov. servers. Unless you are a Clinton of course.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:18 pm

Uffdaphil wrote:
MaryB wrote:Unless you are a Clinton of course.

How do you know Dayton isn't sucking on Bill's cigar? Democrats stick together provided the money is there. Dayton has that.
Bearcatrp

Postby 642rUS on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Keep polite but firm pressure on the Governor. They count every contact. You can call early and often. E-mail, postcard, etc. It all gets counted. Don't waste time writing a 3page booklet.

Joe Olson
GOCRA Chairman
642rUS

Postby Glenn_S on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

My email:

Honorable Governor Dayton,

I am writing to urge you to sign the Public Safety Omnibus Bill when it reaches your desk. Specifically, because of the Long Gun interstate purchase bill, Emergency Powers bill, Capitol notification bill, ND Reciprocity bill and the Firearm Suppressor bill. I know that your primary objection is to the Firearm Suppressor bill, but suppressors have been shown to protect hearing, are legal in 39 other states and have not been an issue in those states.

The perception that suppressors are "silencers" is erroneous and a result of Hollywood story-lines. The device simply reduces the sound to a level that is much safer for all concerned. It will not put any law enforcement members in peril and these suppressors are not something a criminal would purchase, as the cost and background checks would make it all but impossible for them to purchase.

As a hunter, I would welcome the use of suppressors for use in the field, because I could still hear the shots, but it would tend to reduce the report enough to not spook game in the vicinity. Again, I urge you to sign the Public Safety Omnibus Bill when it reaches your desk.

Regards,
Glenn_S
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
Glenn_S

Postby 2in2out on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:40 pm

Before that, I don't remember, but....
27Apr - done
28Apr - done
29Apr - done
30Apr - done
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby gaberelli on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:54 pm

I called the number GOCRA put on their FB page today encouraging people to call Governor Dayton. Rang once and Marissa, governor Dayton's secretary, answered. I was a bit taken aback at first as she simply asked what I would like Governor Dayton know was the reason for my call. We then discussed suppressors for 5+ minutes. We covered my thoughts on the issue, my thoughts on Governor Dayton's stance and her assurance to me that Governor Dayton is taking all of these calls into account as he formulates his opinion on the matter. That seems somewhat promising to me as it leaves it open ended. Previous quotes from him implied his mind was made up.

Keep up the calls and emails!!

Reach Governor Dayton at:
(651) 201-3400

Heinous typos thanks to autocorrect.
gaberelli

Postby photogpat on Wed May 06, 2015 7:53 am

Also - the PAC has a petition...if you haven't signed yet, they're at 1500 and counting.

http://www.mngopac.org/petition
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 06, 2015 9:10 am

photogpat wrote:Also - the PAC has a petition...if you haven't signed yet, they're at 1500 and counting.

Number is now 1531.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Wed May 06, 2015 11:22 am

photogpat wrote:Also - the PAC has a petition...if you haven't signed yet, they're at 1500 and counting.

Thanks!

We're close to being ready to launch radio ads once we know for sure that the bill is headed out of conference committee -- the ads will be to get folks to call the Governor and ask him to pass this important gun rights legislation. We've a few other tactics in play as well.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Citiot on Wed May 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Here is what the citiot (me) did:
Sustaining member.
Called Governor Dayton
Emailed Governor Dayton
Signed Petition

Oh, are all ads going to be on the conservative stations? You'd think that having a couple on AM 950 would motivate some of the gun owners that are likely DFLers. One would think that a call into Dayton from a DFLer asking for him to not veto would carry lots of weight.

It is obvious that GOCRA and MN GUN PAC are quite the patient and intelligent strategists. Good job.
Citiot

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 am

I'll talk to the governor this weekend on lake vermilion.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Thu May 07, 2015 8:09 am

Citiot wrote:Here is what the citiot (me) did:
Sustaining member.
Called Governor Dayton
Emailed Governor Dayton
Signed Petition

Oh, are all ads going to be on the conservative stations? You'd think that having a couple on AM 950 would motivate some of the gun owners that are likely DFLers. One would think that a call into Dayton from a DFLer asking for him to not veto would carry lots of weight.

It is obvious that GOCRA and MN GUN PAC are quite the patient and intelligent strategists. Good job.

No, we're aiming for a mix. Expect to hear them on AM1280 (The Patriot), KTLK / AM1130, and a couple others with broad appeal. We'll use digital advertising (FB, Youtube) as well with a video version of the radio ad.

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Next

Return to Politics