ALL 5 Pro gun bills advance

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: ALL 5 Pro gun bills advance

Postby farmerj on Sun May 17, 2015 2:28 pm

mrp wrote:Well, that's just stupid. Any idea which idiots are responsible for that turd getting in the bill?

yeah, there's a bunch of things in there I was curious about.

Making the impersonating law more a stolen valor. They also are adding a bunch of laws to prevent the father of a child of rape from being able to get custody and actually removing their parental rights. Not that I agree such a turd should be recognized as a parent but it's also a bunch of other joining issues I am curious how are being addressed.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby jshuberg on Sun May 17, 2015 6:13 pm

SF 878 passed in the Senate 55-9. Next is the House floor later tonight. All 5 gun provisions remained fully intact.

I'm heading over to the House gallery and awaiting its introduction there. My phone keeps dying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Lumpy on Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 am

How is the pre-school kerfluffle going to impact things?
Lumpy

Postby ex-LT on Mon May 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Lumpy wrote:How is the pre-school kerfluffle going to impact things?

If I'm not mistaken, the pre-K funding is in a separate bill, so It SHOULDN'T affect it at all. However, with Governor Crazy Eyes, you just never know. That said, the omnibus bill passed both houses with solid veto-proof majorities, however, if he vetoes the bill after the session ends, the legislature can't override.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby shooter115 on Mon May 18, 2015 1:12 pm

ex-LT wrote:
Lumpy wrote:How is the pre-school kerfluffle going to impact things?

If I'm not mistaken, the pre-K funding is in a separate bill, so It SHOULDN'T affect it at all. However, with Governor Crazy Eyes, you just never know. That said, the omnibus bill passed both houses with solid veto-proof majorities, however, if he vetoes the bill after the session ends, the legislature can't override.

And then he's out a crap ton of funding for programs he really wants. Is he actually willing to give that up over legal suppressors, which are a non-issue in crime? I don't think so, but there are no guarantees.
shooter115

Postby jshuberg on Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 pm

If he vetos, he could call a special session, but that resets everything back to the beginning. My personal feeling is that if he doesn't sign it, he'll allow it to pass after 3 days without signature. I give it a 98% chance of becoming law. Provided we continue to melt the phone lines to the capital until it becomes law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Stylin750 on Tue May 19, 2015 4:28 pm

farmerj wrote:
mrp wrote:Well, that's just stupid. Any idea which idiots are responsible for that turd getting in the bill?

yeah, there's a bunch of things in there I was curious about.

Making the impersonating law more a stolen valor. They also are adding a bunch of laws to prevent the father of a child of rape from being able to get custody and actually removing their parental rights. Not that I agree such a turd should be recognized as a parent but it's also a bunch of other joining issues I am curious how are being addressed.[/
quote]

Wow not that I think rapists should have rights to their children. But I can see this as a new tool by vengeful women against there ex boyfriends and husbands. To prevent the fathers from any contact with thier children even when its not justified or true to get even. We all know this great progressive state already likes to screw men over. And apparently women cant rape men huh since it specifially calls out men. Well dont that sound sexists.
Give me liberty or give me death... Those willing to give up liberty for safety deserve neither...
Stylin750

Previous

Return to Politics