GOCRA the undisputed leader

Firearms related political discussion forum

GOCRA the undisputed leader

Postby JJ on Fri May 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Today, we forced Governor Dayton to step up and pass five pro gun bills. I heard a lot of discussion of the impossibility of passing pro gun legislation with a DFL controlled senate, and a DFL governor.I want to call out all the naysayers. A lot of folks doubted the power of grassroots movement. GOCRA has been a bi-partisan leader in MN for 25 years.

While this is fresh in everyone's mind, we REALLY need people to put their money where their mouth is and support gun rights by joining GOCRA for $30/yr or $5/mo. If you were one of the people who doubted the power of motivated people, I make this challenge. You don't have to stand up and say you were wrong, but you can privately open your wallet and give a small donation!

GOCRA has turned the state around from a dozen gun ban bills in 2013, to 5 gun bills passed in 2015.

https://www.gocra.org/join.php
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Re: GOCRA the undisputed leader

Postby xd ED on Fri May 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Good Post

I support GOCRA, and attended several sessions relating to this bill- which was interesting in itself.
That said, I was quietly doubtful that it would get to the governor's desk, much less see him signing it.

... shows what I know

And yes, for a small percentage of what most spend on guns, ammo, club memberships, hunting trips, match fees, etc
you can achieve some real bang for your buck where it's needed.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Fri May 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I wonder what influence if any the preschool dispute had on this. Maybe Dayton decided he had to conserve political capital?
Lumpy

Postby 2in2out on Fri May 22, 2015 9:17 pm

Well said, JJ. I couldn't agree more.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Burleigh on Tue May 26, 2015 9:42 am

Sent a donation to GOCRA today. They are my heroes.
Burleigh

Postby RobD on Wed May 27, 2015 8:39 am

Much love for GOCRA, but these bills would not have happened without the NRA this year.

Success has 1000 fathers.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby hornswaggle on Wed May 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Yes, thanks to GOCRA and MnGOPAC for all their work helping to drive this and to everyone that called, emailed, and petitioned to show how many Minnesotans were behind it.
Kevin

Treat every gun as if it was loaded, Always control the muzzle, Know your target and what is beyond it...

Either you like bacon or you're wrong....
hornswaggle

Postby bstrawse on Wed May 27, 2015 12:27 pm

hornswaggle wrote:Yes, thanks to GOCRA and MnGOPAC for all their work helping to drive this and to everyone that called, emailed, and petitioned to show how many Minnesotans were behind it.

Happy to help. We like to win ;)

Now, let's get some candidates ready for 2016!
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby yuppiejr on Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 pm

JJ wrote: You don't have to stand up and say you were wrong, but you can privately open your wallet and give a small donation!

Doubted. Donated. :)
yuppiejr

Return to Politics