NRA - Obama gun grab?

Firearms related political discussion forum

NRA - Obama gun grab?

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Anyone have any idea what this add campaign is referencing? I read it and didn't really get any information other than I should send some money to help the NRA fight it - whatever IT is.
[url][/https://www.nrailadonate.org/forms/default.asp?campaignid=obamagungrab&ek=1538G10010url]
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: NRA - Obama gun grab?

Postby Ghost on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:18 pm

The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease”

FOX LINK http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/20/obama-looks-to-ban-social-security-recipients-from-owning-guns/

Ghost

Postby jdege on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:21 pm

The administration has decided that anyone who is receiving social security, and who has someone else delegated to handle their finances, must be, without so much as a hearing, incompetent to possess firearms, and will therefore be denied on any NICS check.

Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security
Obama admin looks to ban some Social Security recipients from owning guns
jdege

Postby george on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:37 pm

Why should anyone have a hearing, he thinks he can implement it by executive order, where is that hearing? So I'm told.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby LePetomane on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:19 pm

My wife handles the finances here. She is the family accountant. Does that count?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:06 pm

LePetomane wrote:My wife handles the finances here. She is the family accountant. Does that count?

Turn them in now!!!!! You threat to society. :o
Ghost

Return to Politics