Unsigned letter about GOCRA?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Unsigned letter about GOCRA?

Postby Citiot on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Anybody else get an unsigned letter about a GOCRA leader? WTF?
Citiot

Re: Unsigned letter about GOCRA?

Postby photogpat on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Kinda a chicken $&@? move to leave it unsigned.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby ex-LT on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Plain sheet of paper, or was it on letterhead/personal stationery?
Any indication from the envelope as to who sent it?

Perhaps a smear campaign by NAGR/MAGR? I know GOCRA has been pretty vocal in the past about their involvement - or lack thereof - in working with the legislature to get pro-2A legislation passed.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:49 pm

What did it say?
Holland&Holland

Postby JJ on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Per chance, a competing gun rights group/"leader" who in some way feels they have been slighted by GOCRA?
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby photogpat on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:25 am

JJ wrote:Per chance, a competing gun rights group/"leader" who in some way feels they have been slighted by GOCRA?

Based on the language used all signs point to yes.

Won't repost it because it's complete and utter garbage...and leaving it unsigned is unprofessional and rather typical of this person...and yes, its a person.
photogpat

Postby ex-LT on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:29 am

photogpat wrote:
JJ wrote:Per chance, a competing gun rights group/"leader" who in some way feels they have been slighted by GOCRA?

Won't repost it because it's complete and utter garbage...and leaving it unsigned is unprofessional and rather typical of this person...and yes, its a person.

That person's name wouldn't rhyme with Budley Drown, would it?
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby photogpat on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:32 am

ex-LT wrote:
photogpat wrote:

That person's name wouldn't rhyme with Budley Drown, would it?

Nope. Dudley rarely descends from the Rockies to deal with his detractors.

This is much more local.
photogpat

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:37 am

Pat,
Did you recieve a letter as well?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 am

xd ED wrote:Pat,
Did you recieve a letter as well?

I did.
photogpat

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:23 am

The suspense is killing me. I didn't get the letter and now I'm curious as a cat. Understanding the content is false I am still interested in what is going on. What transpired to warrant an attack?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:34 am

yukonjasper wrote:The suspense is killing me. I didn't get the letter and now I'm curious as a cat. Understanding the content is false I am still interested in what is going on. What transpired to warrant an attack?

I have to agree.

I know little of any controversies, and can only speculate about one individual being the writer.
And since that is only conjecture on my part, I'll leave it at that.

Other than that specific individual, I'd look towards some sort of false flag from the dark side.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Citiot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:02 am

Regarding the letter, I ran out of toilet paper yesterday and, er, um.... well can someone post it? I think you'll have to take pictures and post it as an image.
Last edited by Citiot on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Citiot

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 am

The following excerpt is from the most recent (1hr) post on the Twin Cities Gun Owners & Carry Forum Facebook page:

NOTICE:
We’ve been made aware that someone has been sending emails and messages to a number of people in the 2A community and pretending that the emails and messages have come from our organization (the IP address has been masked).
We have sent no such emails or messages. We believe that the messages are originating from an anti-gun opponent or source.
If you’ve received an email you’ll want to take steps to find out if your identity has been compromised and take steps to secure your personal safety and that of your family, as well as your valuables and firearms.
In researching this situation, we have learned that another local gun rights group (the “maroon t-shirt” group), has seriously compromised the personal information of thousands of its donors through a data security flaw (ongoing to date), and that the data has likely been discovered and exploited by the person/s sending the emails. All indications lead us to believe that it’s likely someone in the anti-gun community. If you received one of the above stated emails, it’s likely that your information is part of the security breach and is now in the hands of one or more anti-gun operatives, as well as possibly others who may wish to cause harm. . . ..

The full post can be read at the above linked site.

ETA@ 1105:

I just revisited the above site to copy the rest of the post for personal keeping, and it has since disappeared...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Randygmn on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:20 am

xd ED wrote:The following excerpt is from the most recent (1hr) post on the Twin Cities Gun Owners & Carry Forum Facebook page:

NOTICE:
We’ve been made aware that someone has been sending emails and messages to a number of people in the 2A community and pretending that the emails and messages have come from our organization (the IP address has been masked).
We have sent no such emails or messages. We believe that the messages are originating from an anti-gun opponent or source.
If you’ve received an email you’ll want to take steps to find out if your identity has been compromised and take steps to secure your personal safety and that of your family, as well as your valuables and firearms.
In researching this situation, we have learned that another local gun rights group (the “maroon t-shirt” group), has seriously compromised the personal information of thousands of its donors through a data security flaw (ongoing to date), and that the data has likely been discovered and exploited by the person/s sending the emails. All indications lead us to believe that it’s likely someone in the anti-gun community. If you received one of the above stated emails, it’s likely that your information is part of the security breach and is now in the hands of one or more anti-gun operatives, as well as possibly others who may wish to cause harm. . . ..

The full post can be read at the above linked site.

ETA@ 1105:

I just revisited the above site to copy the rest of the post for personal keeping, and it has since disappeared...

Nope, still there
Randygmn

Next

Return to Politics