The Clinton Files

Firearms related political discussion forum

The Clinton Files

Postby jdege on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:33 am

The Clinton Files
http://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2015/11/30/the-clinton-files/

Jody Powell wrote:“We have yet to propose anything that people think will make any difference. The people who are generally for gun control don’t make it a voting issue because it has no real impact on their lives. On the other hand, the inconvenience and hassle of wading through another round with indifferent and incompetent bureaucrats and the fear that this is only the first step toward more radical measures are quite real to people who own guns.”

Then came the real bombshell:

" the NRA is effective primarily because it is largely right when it claims that most gun control measures inconvenience and threaten the law-abiding while having little or no impact on violent crime and criminals.”

Powell then accurately predicted what the future would hold:

“I support registration in principle. But two questions need to be asked. Are the people causing the problem going to comply voluntarily? If not, do you have a way to effectively enforce compliance? If the answer is ‘no’ in both cases, consider whether the benefits are worth making Bob Dole majority leader.”

The cover sheet bore a handwritten note, showing that Stephanopoulos had sent the fax to President Clinton, with his own recommendation: “This makes a lot of sense. GS”
jdege

Re: The Clinton Files

Postby BigBlue on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:38 am

Wow. That's a hell of an article. Well worth the read. Things are as bad as I've always suspected they were from the antis.
BigBlue

Postby Jackpine Savage on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for posting that. Very good read and nice to see supporting documents.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Randygmn on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:52 pm

This is the most important gun news that I've read in two years. No kidding. Thanks for posting. I've shared the sh!t out of this. I'd suggest everyone do the same.
Randygmn

Postby igofast on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:25 pm

What gets me is that Hillary's husband has been warning the Democratic party for at least 3 years not to make guns such an issue due to the fallout:

http://newscastmedia.com/clinton-guns.htm

Yet she insists on pushing forward on it. So you have a husband and former POTUS that has specific experience in this area saying don't stir the pot - and she does anyways. Not that I was going to vote for her anyways, but it tells me that she's not going to take advise from experts and go her own way on all issues - not caring about the feedback of others(say the populace for example).
igofast

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 pm

igofast wrote:What gets me is that Hillary's husband has been warning the Democratic party for at least 3 years not to make guns such an issue due to the fallout:

http://newscastmedia.com/clinton-guns.htm

Yet she insists on pushing forward on it. So you have a husband and former POTUS that has specific experience in this area saying don't stir the pot - and she does anyways. Not that I was going to vote for her anyways, but it tells me that she's not going to take advise from experts and go her own way on all issues - not caring about the feedback of others(say the populace for example).

Never trust a Clinton, especially what they say.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:57 pm

She don't care what hubby has to say, his stick isn't stirring her pot anyways. :stirthepot:
Bearcatrp

Postby 2in2out on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Good article. Very useful information.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Lumpy on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:47 pm

In other words, the Clintons past and present pursue gun control not because it will actually make anything better but because it is "morally right".

There aren't enough :roll:
Lumpy

Postby atomic41 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:23 am

That is a fantastic read and very important discovery. This article needs to be read by all gun owners.
atomic41

Return to Politics