Rep. Norton's gun control proposals emerge

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Rep. Norton's gun control proposals emerge

Postby bstrawse on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:53 pm

Jackpine Savage wrote:Has there been any connection made between her and Bloomberg?

We've talked with them - The Bloomberg folks in Minnesota want nothing to do with her or her proposals.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby BigBlue on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:02 pm

EAJuggalo wrote:
BigBlue wrote:
JJ wrote:
If you do not have a PTC/PTP you can still by a hanggun/"assault weapon" from a dealer. You are subject to a 7 day waiting period (where you basically have to apply for a PTP)

That's not a waiting period. That's a deadline for local police to issue your permit. Characterizing it as a waiting period is wrong.

MN has a waiting period of 5 business days, see statute 624.7132. Now I don't think I've ever heard of a shop going this route rather than requiring a PTC/PTP but it is available under state law.

I read that 5 day period is a max. The police chief can review and respond to the transfer notice before that. My point is that if everything goes perfectly things can happen far more quickly than 7 or 5 days. Neither are a hard, fixed waiting period.
BigBlue

Postby Randygmn on Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Anyone want to chime in on Section 5, B, 3 ii ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it says that you are guilty of a FELONY if you transfer a pistol or "military style assault weapon" (God, I hate these people) and the transferee uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence. Am I missing something, Bryan?

So, I guess I am now my strangers keeper?

Correct.

Bwahahahaha. To be honest, I was expecting that I was misreading it and was patiently waiting for your correction. That clause is absurd, besides being unconstitutional.

That alone tells me all I need to know about Norton. This enrages me.
Randygmn

Postby Meta-Prometheus on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Randygmn wrote:
bstrawse wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Anyone want to chime in on Section 5, B, 3 ii ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it says that you are guilty of a FELONY if you transfer a pistol or "military style assault weapon" (God, I hate these people) and the transferee uses the weapon within one year after the transfer in furtherance of a felony crime of violence. Am I missing something, Bryan?

So, I guess I am now my strangers keeper?

Correct.

Bwahahahaha. To be honest, I was expecting that I was misreading it and was patiently waiting for your correction. That clause is absurd, besides being unconstitutional.

That alone tells me all I need to know about Norton. This enrages me.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Minnesota liberals, they'll have you scratching your head before they even say anything.

And that phrase "military style assault weapon", ugh. Is it obvious they want to chop you down to nothing?
"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Meta-Prometheus

Postby Tronster on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:02 pm

She is the rep for my district and I had the "joy" of talking with here during the early 2013 hearings. All she could do was regurgitate the same old leftist gun grabber lines with no real original thought from herself. It's like they all have the same playbook of one liners and "feelings". :roll:
Tronster

Postby Lumpy on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:21 pm

Tronster wrote:She is the rep for my district and I had the "joy" of talking with here during the early 2013 hearings. All she could do was regurgitate the same old leftist gun grabber lines with no real original thought from herself. It's like they all have the same playbook of one liners and "feelings". :roll:

Including "Won't somebody think of the children"?
Lumpy

Postby FJ540 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:05 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Tronster wrote:She is the rep for my district and I had the "joy" of talking with here during the early 2013 hearings. All she could do was regurgitate the same old leftist gun grabber lines with no real original thought from herself. It's like they all have the same playbook of one liners and "feelings". :roll:

Including "Won't somebody think of the children"?

Except there's a few cases where children with access to guns prevented bad things from happening. It probably happens more often than mass shootings, but you'll never hear that on the news. It's also illegal here in MN because of our dumb laws.
FJ540

Postby photogpat on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:48 pm

FJ540 wrote:
Except there's a few cases where children with access to guns prevented bad things from happening. It probably happens more often than mass shootings, but you'll never hear that on the news. It's also illegal here in MN because of our dumb laws.

Its generally illegal everywhere to leave a child with access to a loaded firearm. Criminal negligence. Some jurisdictions require locks, etc...but negligence can be a potential criminal charge everywhere.

Whether prosecutors have the stomach for charging the offense is a different story.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Previous

Return to Politics