Justice Scalia has died

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Justice Scalia has died

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 am

Lumpy wrote:What if Obama nominated a half-way acceptable candidate? Someone with a mixed record on gun control or at least not a proven anti-gunner? Confirm and at least avoid a Hillary nominee (if it came to that)?

:rotf:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Kelor on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:27 am

Lumpy wrote:What if Obama nominated a half-way acceptable candidate? Someone with a mixed record on gun control or at least not a proven anti-gunner? Confirm and at least avoid a Hillary nominee (if it came to that)?

If it's a candidate that doesn't believe the constitution is a living and breathing document, that would be acceptable. There is no way Obama will offer up such an individual, however.

On edit: What Rip said.
Kelor

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:57 am

Ghost

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:49 pm

:rotf: Not going to happen...EVER! First, Obummer will put someone up similar to Sotomayer who will LIE their ass off (like she did) to get nominated. Second, Clinton will NEVER become President, not if the FBI truely does it's job correctly. Third, Bernie is ONLY popular with younger college age voters who are a clear minority and thus, he won't be elected either. The next POTUS wil be a Republican, which is why the current Senate should "Bork" any nominee Obummer puts up.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby shooter115 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

:rotf: Not going to happen...EVER! First, Obummer will put someone up similar to Sotomayer who will LIE their ass off (like she did) to get nominated. Second, Clinton will NEVER become President, not if the FBI truely does it's job correctly. Third, Bernie is ONLY popular with younger college age voters who are a clear minority and thus, he won't be elected either. The next POTUS wil be a Republican, which is why the current Senate should "Bork" any nominee Obummer puts up.

Lotta wishful thinking in this post. Doubtful that the Hildabeast will ever be indicted for her numerous crimes at this point. That said I think there are enough ethical democrats out there that won't vote for her to keep her out of office depending on what happens on the republican and independent ticket. The Trump factor is a true monkey wrench in this whole mess. If he is the nomination, there are a whole lot of folks who will stay home or vote independent. Basically the same situation as Hillary. If he doesn't get the nomination and decides to run independent (which I think he would) he'll pull enough of his fanatical followers with him to hand the election to whatever democrat is running.
shooter115

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:10 pm

shooter115 wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

Lotta wishful thinking in this post. Doubtful that the Hildabeast will ever be indicted for her numerous crimes at this point. That said I think there are enough ethical democrats out there that won't vote for her to keep her out of office depending on what happens on the republican and independent ticket. The Trump factor is a true monkey wrench in this whole mess. If he is the nomination, there are a whole lot of folks who will stay home or vote independent. Basically the same situation as Hillary. If he doesn't get the nomination and decides to run independent (which I think he would) he'll pull enough of his fanatical followers with him to hand the election to whatever democrat is running.

My personal opinion is that the FBI WILL recommend an indictment. Now whether Obummer or his henchwoman Lynch decide to indict is up in the air. If they don't and let the Hiderbeast slip away, I think that there are enough reasonable middle of the road Dems who DO watch the news who would be disgusted with that decision and either jump ship to the Rep side or not vote at all. If the Hiderbeast escapes indictment and continues her run, she will be the Dem canidate because of the very crooked way the Dem nomination process works with "super delagates". Even though Bernie vertualy tied in IA and won big in NH, he barely has any delagates. The Dem version of picking canidates is very UNdemocratic.....basically a "good-ole'-boy" system. :evil:

Yes, the Trump is a big if.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby LePetomane on Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:17 am

Snakeman721 wrote: The Dem version of picking canidates is very UNdemocratic.....basically a "good-ole'-boy" system. :evil:

The Republican system is not any better. Look at John (Maverick) McCain. Once you get past his military record the guy is a failure. Keating Five, siding with the democrats and bragging about it, the list goes on. Bob Dole was a "good-ole-boy" but at least he was a good man. McCain would have nuked every continent and the North Pole had he been elected.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 am

BHO will appoint a reliable liberal to the court. I expect the appointee will be a minority and a woman so the spineless republicans will cave (again).

As far as the election goes, this cycle should be the republicans to lose, unfortunately they're too busy sharpening their backstabbing knifes to mount a serious challenge.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Erud on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:46 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:As far as the election goes, this cycle should be the republicans to lose

It sure seems that way, but I can't help but feel a sense of doom with the upcoming election. They have managed to screw just about everything up that could possibly get screwed up for the last 8 years, it almost seems inevitable that they do it again. I hope I am wrong.
Erud

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

Mickey Mouse would be a better president than what we have to choose from. Doesn't matter which way it goes, this country is about to fall apart. Sooner or later that 20 trillion deficit bill will come due.
Bearcatrp

Postby Erud on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Mickey Mouse would be a better president than what we have to choose from. Doesn't matter which way it goes, this country is about to fall apart. Sooner or later that 20 trillion deficit bill will come due.

I don't agree with that. Ted Cruz is the truest constitutional conservative that has been in the hunt for the presidency in my lifetime, and could very well change the direction of the country if elected. It's an uphill battle against the media and his own party to get to the actual office though.
Erud

Postby MJY65 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Mickey Mouse would be a better president than what we have to choose from.

Holy crap. This is the broadest selection of candidates I've seen in my lifetime. If there isn't one person in the group that you think is better than MM, you're never going to be satisfied.
MJY65

Postby Erud on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Yeah, at the beginning there were 4 candidates in the republican field that I would have loved to vote for, and 2 of them are still hanging on. I love one of them (Rubio) less now than I did 9 months ago, but would still be happy to cast a vote for him if he got the nomination. Compared to who we've had to choose from the last 20 + years, I'm pretty elated to still have some decent choices at this stage. And one true conservative.

Anybody remember Mitt Romney? John McCain? George W Bush? Bob Dole?
Erud

Postby shooter115 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:55 pm

I'd be proud to cast a vote for Cruz or Carson. While I think Rubio is too lax on immigration reform, I'd still happily cast a vote for him. I believe all three of them honestly love America and the principles she was built upon. Above all though Cruz is the guy I trust the most to nominate Supreme Court Justices.

On the other hand if we end up with a presidential election between a clown (Donald Trump) and a crook (Hillary Clinton), we'll be the laughing stock of the universe.
shooter115

Postby LePetomane on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:38 pm

shooter115 wrote:On the other hand if we end up with a presidential election between a clown (Donald Trump) and a crook (Hillary Clinton), we'll be the laughing stock of the universe.

We are now. It's getting to be time to bail.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

PreviousNext

Return to Politics