Giffords in MN

Firearms related political discussion forum

Giffords in MN

Postby Tronster on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Gabby Giffords is at it again, now in MN pushing for UBC's. Just another incremental step that will do nothing to stop crime.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update ... sota-video
Tronster

Re: Giffords in MN

Postby LePetomane on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:55 pm

It's sad how these anti gun folks parade this poor brain injured woman in front of a crowd and then applaud as she struggles to get words out. Typical of Rahm(bo) Emanuel's mantra, "Never let a catastrophe go to waste."

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +minnesota

This clip shows our buddy Joan and a law abiding citizen at the gun range shooting safely. What about a picture of a cop killer instead? And where's Heather? I thought she would be there for sure.
Last edited by LePetomane on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Background checks, stopping crime since .... wait I have the date here somewhere. Can't seem to find it. Maybe, did fast and furious use BCs? I think so maybe
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Heather's out....PM has a new leader.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LePetomane on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:13 pm

They also had a shindig at the St. Paul Police Department shooting range. If these idiots really wanted to get to the heart of the problem they should have gone to north Minneapolis instead.

And what happened to Heather? Enquiring minds want to know.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby usnret on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:50 pm

LePetomane wrote:They also had a shindig at the St. Paul Police Department shooting range. If these idiots really wanted to get to the heart of the problem they should have gone to north Minneapolis instead.

Who cares!
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Nougat on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:00 pm

''but it's not required for shotguns.''

they are right in that you don't need a permit to purchase one. how they state just that at the end though and forget to mention that unless its person to person you will go through a background check and that criminals have ways to illegally obtain regardless of current restrictions (or that many person to person transactions involve the seller wanting you to prove you are elgible regardless of being required to, even if its a long gun)is misleading to say the least.
Nougat

Postby bstrawse on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:25 pm

LePetomane wrote:They also had a shindig at the St. Paul Police Department shooting range. If these idiots really wanted to get to the heart of the problem they should have gone to north Minneapolis instead.

West Saint Paul, actually...
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 pm

I am under the impression that most police departments forbid members from participating in political events in uniform, lest someone infer their presence as a department wide endorsement.
I see at least 2 highly recognizable chiefs among the many uniformed police standing around Giffords. Or was this not a political event... :roll:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby bstrawse on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Today, the MN Gun Owners Caucus did a lot of digging into who appeared at these events - and who has joined the new anti-gun statewide organization, the "Minnesota Coalition for Common Sense".

Here's our page exposing what we've learned - along with our correspondence and data practices act requests. We'll keep this updated as we learn more...

http://www.gunowners.mn/minnesota_coali ... mmon_sense

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Tronster on Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 am

Thank you for digging into this to keep us up to date, and requesting some answers from some otherwise benign corporations.
Tronster

Postby LePetomane on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:27 am

xd ED wrote:I am under the impression that most police departments forbid members from participating in political events in uniform, lest someone infer their presence as a department wide endorsement.
I see at least 2 highly recognizable chiefs among the many uniformed police standing around Giffords. Or was this not a political event... :roll:

I think you are right but all bets are off when it comes to the left and their causes.

PM and the gang always mentions that a gun in the home increases the rick of suicide. I just read an article in the liberal rag Minnpost about the number of people who have met their maker by jumping off the high bridge in St. Paul. Maybe we need to ban the high bridge.
LePetomane

Postby 2in2out on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 am

I'm not hearing a different message from these people, just the same thing from different people. Am I missing something?

Why do they think something different will happen this time? Or, is it just the logic that if they hit the nail enough times, it will eventually be driven into the wood?
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Return to Politics