Trump on 2nd Amendment

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Trump on 2nd Amendment

Postby JJ on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:29 pm

usnret wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
usnret wrote:The reason that all of those career politicians don't want Trump is because he won't play by their rules. In other words, he isn't as corrupt as they are.

While I can appreciate that he will not play by their rules and see value in that, claiming he is not corrupt is a bit far. Have you watched the Apprentice?

No never did. But isn't that a reality BS show?
So, why do you think that the establishment Republican party is so horrified that he is doing so well and will probably get the nomination? I'm interested seeing as it seems that a lot of you seem to have all the answers.

Because he is a raving narcissist, who exemplifies every negative stereotype of the Republican party?

Or the fact he is a con-man, who's positions on just about any topic shift and change faster than the wind?

http://theweek.com/articles/594377/dona ... te-con-man
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby xd ED on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:41 pm

usnret wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
usnret wrote:The reason that all of those career politicians don't want Trump is because he won't play by their rules. In other words, he isn't as corrupt as they are.

While I can appreciate that he will not play by their rules and see value in that, claiming he is not corrupt is a bit far. Have you watched the Apprentice?

No never did. But isn't that a reality BS show?
So, why do you think that the establishment Republican party is so horrified that he is doing so well and will probably get the nomination? I'm interested seeing as it seems that a lot of you seem to have all the answers.

First and foremost, I believe most think he can't get elected, and he'd make a lousy president, whether addressing issues foreign or domestic. The POTUS is a statesman's position, not that of an oafish dictator.
His campaign has been long on bluster and pandering, and mostly void of any specifics.
His past, both those of political affiliations, and people/ groups he's supported will be found to be anything but conservative based. His business dealings, including bribe and corruption allegations will be coming out of the woodwork. Once nominating he will face will overwhelming wildfires to stomp out.
He, in all likelihood will get the party nomination because he's got an early start, and is pretty much unchallenged by his opponents' campaigns. That will cease when the democrat plumbers take him on.

Not playing by the rules can be an asset, when eschewing political correctness, and working outside the box. But one need not be a boor to accomplish that.
There is an element of his style that is much needed, but his ego-driven behavior is way over the top.
Lastly, I could go along with the tin-foil hat crowd who suspect his campaign is meant only to get hillary in the White House.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Trump does not strike me as someone who tolerates dissent, and guns are the ultimate dissent.
Lumpy

Postby harryset on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:31 pm

JJ wrote:Trump securing the nomination, will ensure a Clinton win in Nov. The inside baseball from the hill has McConnell openly advocating senators run against Trump. If by some miracle Trump were to win, the division between the executive and legislative would guarantee absolute gridlock. I firmly believe the man is too small to hold a position so large.

At this point, the momentum for a Trump nomination is next to unstoppable. Apparently the counter to low information voters putting O'bummer in office, is low information voters on our side racing to the bottom. The only scenario I can see at this point, is Cruz and Rubio coming together to run against the Donald, and I doubt either can check their ego's long enough to do so.

I cannot shake the feeling that Idiocracy was a preemptive documentary.

Amen to that!

I've observed what Trump has done and said in the past. I've observed what Trump says and does today. What scares the hell out of me, is what he will do and say tomorrow.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby CROSBYK2 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 am

I think there is something coming down the path that might be even more exciting than the Donald running against Hillary. That would be what is going to happen when the FBI recommends indictment for Hillary. That is going to be some awesome fireworks! Its been reported that if the attorney general refuses to pursue the indictment , half of the FBI and the CIA are going to walk out the door. I think it likely that there would be several that would leave the Dept. of Justice as well. Now what? I don't think the american public is going to sit still for "too important to jail" and Hillary is the quint essential example of big government corruption that facilitates this excrement. Say what you want about Trump but it occurs to me that his base sees him as attempting to dismantle the government behemoth that currently exists and if Justice decides to do the wrong thing for the wrong reasons, Trump will be gifted with the best political ammunition that has ever existed.
CROSBYK2

Postby crbutler on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 am

Why do you think they are sitting on it now?

The decision will not be made before Election Day.
crbutler

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Don't kid yourself. The parodistic left knows Clinton is a lying, corrupt Harpie. They know she can't be trusted, it doesn't matter to them. They will still stand in long lines to vote for her even if she's indicted.

Eta: I don't believe for a second that there are any FBI personal who will walk if Justice doesn't indite.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby george on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Don't kid yourself. The parodistic left knows Clinton is a lying, corrupt Harpie. They know she can't be trusted, it doesn't matter to them. They will still stand in long lines to vote for her even if she's indicted.

Eta: I don't believe for a second that there are any FBI personal who will walk if Justice doesn't indite.

I've been told already by some they will vote for hiLIARy jest because she will be the first woman president, they get mad when I say from JAIL.
I know jail will never happen, water runs off the clintons.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby hammAR on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Trump securing the nomination, will ensure a Clinton win in Nov.

Yep, and the Republicans will guarantee that............
MITCH MCCONNELL VOWS GOP WILL FIGHT AGAINST TRUMP IF HE WINS THE NOMINATION
and
GOP Establishment To Back Hillary if Trump or Cruz Wins Nomination

So it looks like all you Trump bashers can relax and fulfil your fantasy to become unarmed surfs under the Queen.... :didntdoit:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby BigBlue on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:16 pm

That's why the GOP should have been fully behind Carlyle Firoina. She is qualified and competent and it would have totally removed the whole "gee, it's time for a woman now" blind voting for Hillary. And no, I have no problem with a woman for president. Just don't want a Dem.
BigBlue

Postby xd ED on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:57 pm

I don't believe the GOP, or 'party' should be behind anyone until the process distills a candidate. Then he/ she is the candidate.

Until then, it's the peoples' decision to make, and live with the results.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hammAR on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Is that from The Brothers Grimm or Hans Christian Andersen ...........................
The "people" have nothing to do with it - The two parties nominate* the candidate and then the United States Electoral College is the institution that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years.

*Google: How The GOP Will Take Nomination Away from Trump
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:21 pm

The electoral college voting system is a friigin joke. The "one man one vote" doesn't exist. Why bother voting.
Bearcatrp

Postby my1stpistol on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:18 pm

Because that is all we have now. Trump indicates a want and need for a real change. While understand he has his faults and they are many. I think some of his basic concepts reinstate with most
my1stpistol

Postby Lumpy on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:The electoral college voting system is a friigin joke. The "one man one vote" doesn't exist. Why bother voting.

To be fair, the Electoral College was intended to avoid choosing a President by popular vote. That it does today is an informal tradition.
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to Politics