Trump on 2nd Amendment

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Trump on 2nd Amendment

Postby LarryP on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Face it, Hillary has the election sewed up
She doesn't have to say much either
Right or wrong, As The Republicans continue to dump on Trump, it shows their choice is a weak candidate
LarryP

Postby xd ED on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 pm

LarryP wrote:Face it, Hillary has the election sewed up
She doesn't have to say much either
Right or wrong, As The Republicans continue to dump on Trump, it shows their choice is a weak candidate

I'm curious as to what you mean by this.

A recent pole suggests that of the top three, Trump is the only candidate Hillary can beat.
Sanders, on the other hand beats all three.

http://www.mnguntalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=54507&start=150#p552114
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LarryP on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm saying not all republicans are behind Trump. Republicans all need to be united to have any chance of him winning.
Bashing by Republicans in own party doesn't show he has enough support to win.

What are those people going to do? Vote for Hillary?? :oops:
LarryP

Postby Erud on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:43 pm

LarryP wrote:I'm saying not all republicans are behind Trump. Republicans all need to be united to have any chance of him winning.
Bashing by Republicans in own party doesn't show he has enough support to win.

What are those people going to do? Vote for Hillary?? :oops:

He isn't the nominee yet, there are still 3 others in the race. Why would everyone unite behind him if there are still options they like better? The process is still playing out.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:44 pm

I could see Bernie supporters staying home for Hillary, anything is possible this year. Go Cruz!!!
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:01 pm

^^^

I expect to see some real cutthroat moves from the Clintonistas if/ when Bernie starts running away with the nomination.
There'll be some blood to squeegee off the floor in the city of brotherly love...

As far as a republican nomination:
while I don't think it will happen, it's interesting to hear more and more speculation about Cruz and Rubio getting together on the same ticket...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Ghost wrote:I could see Bernie supporters staying home for Hillary, anything is possible this year. Go Cruz!!!

I think so too. Hillary is about as exciting as wet socks. Those young people that love Sanders may very well stay home much the way Rs stayed home with McCain and Romney.
MJY65

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:45 am

Bernie won NE and KS...Hiderbeast only won LA.....Bernie's the dark horse..watch out.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Erud on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:40 am

Snakeman721 wrote:Bernie won NE and KS...Hiderbeast only won LA.....Bernie's the dark horse..watch out.

That horse is so dark, it's pretty much invisible. Number of states won doesn't matter that much, only delegate counts. Hillary has over twice the number of delegates as Sanders, including over 20x the number of super delegates. It really isn't even close. Unless she ends up in prison, there's almost no way she could not get the nomination. Now whether or not that translates to a win in the general election is a different story.
Erud

Postby Snakeman721 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 am

Erud wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:Bernie won NE and KS...Hiderbeast only won LA.....Bernie's the dark horse..watch out.

That horse is so dark, it's pretty much invisible. Number of states won doesn't matter that much, only delegate counts. Hillary has over twice the number of delegates as Sanders, including over 20x the number of super delegates. It really isn't even close. Unless she ends up in prison, there's almost no way she could not get the nomination. Now whether or not that translates to a win in the general election is a different story.

Yep, I know the fix is in for the Hilderbeast to win the nomination. But if Bernie keeps winning a few more states, I think those voters will stay home in disgust in Nov.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby harryset on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:02 am

Some really good points made here. I believe some of you are right; it depends on whether he's talking to an NRA rally, or a Bloomberg gathering. All in all, it is pretty obvious that even is he is pro 2A, he doesn't understand the processes that are in place as they stand now. "Extend background checks to 72 hours", hell that would be great.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:20 am

harryset wrote:Some really good points made here. I believe some of you are right; it depends on whether he's talking to an NRA rally, or a Bloomberg gathering. All in all, it is pretty obvious that even is he is pro 2A, he doesn't understand the processes that are in place as they stand now. "Extend background checks to 72 hours", hell that would be great.

Extend background checks to 72 hours", hell that would be great.

As apposed to the current National Instant Criminal Background Check System?
Assuming we're both talking about a purchase, and you're not being sarcastic.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Erud on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:23 am

harryset wrote:Some really good points made here. I believe some of you are right; it depends on whether he's talking to an NRA rally, or a Bloomberg gathering. All in all, it is pretty obvious that even is he is pro 2A, he doesn't understand the processes that are in place as they stand now. "Extend background checks to 72 hours", hell that would be great.

Are you being sarcastic, or advocating for an arbitrary waiting period for firearm purchases?
Erud

Postby harryset on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Sorry! I was considering the time it took to apply for a permit to buy.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Previous

Return to Politics