Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Postby MJY65 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

Lumpy wrote:What I'm really asking is, what makes Hillary more dangerous to the cause of gun rights than Obama has been?

Nothing but the incremental ratcheting down of attitudes and restrictions. Even when they don't win, the antis are planting seeds in the younger generation. In a few decades, we will be like smokers. Marginalized and demonized. When the young people either don't care or support their agenda, we will lose.
MJY65

Postby crbutler on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Not quite gun rights, but Chelsea Clinton via the Clinton foundation has been behind the decrease in opportunity for African hunting, using the USFWS regulatory ability... Elephant and lion hunting have been massively curtailed leading to a dramatic increase in poaching.

The Clinton foundation has also been strongly involved with the UN convention on small arms.

I think Hillary will be worse, as she is a Washinton insider and knows how to get around the checks and balances. Obama may have the desire, but not the ability. I fear HRC has both.
crbutler

Postby LarryP on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:42 pm

In less than a year we'll see the start of her president term. You'll find out. Let's hope the congress can stay in the hands of the republicans.
LarryP

Postby LePetomane on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:56 pm

LarryP wrote:In less than a year we'll see the start of her president term. You'll find out. Let's hope the congress can stay in the hands of the republicans.

It won't make any difference. Republicans have had control of the House of Representatives for 6 of BHO's 8 years in office and have done nothing to stop his radical agenda. They are part of the ruling class. That is what they care about most.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Lumpy wrote:
usnret wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?

So, by voting Independent or Libertarian you are basically wasting your vote! You need to vote for the GOP candidate unless you do want Hillary to win.

I live in Minneapolis Minnesota, so on any level- local, state or national- by voting Republican I'm basically wasting my vote. If I could I'd move somewhere where swing votes count.

What I'm really asking is, what makes Hillary more dangerous to the cause of gun rights than Obama has been?

Supreme Court
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Hillary has also made gun control a core issue of her campaign. If she wins she will claim that as a mandate.
Jackpine Savage

Postby MJY65 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:24 pm

LePetomane wrote:It won't make any difference. Republicans have had control of the House of Representatives for 6 of BHO's 8 years in office and have done nothing to stop his radical agenda. They are part of the ruling class. That is what they care about most.

I agree that the Republicans have not fought nearly as hard as I would have liked. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure if the Ds had controlled Congress after Sandy Hook, the gun laws would look different today.
MJY65

Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Postby PhilaBOR on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 am

Ghost wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
usnret wrote:[quote="Lumpy"]I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?

So, by voting Independent or Libertarian you are basically wasting your vote! You need to vote for the GOP candidate unless you do want Hillary to win.

I live in Minneapolis Minnesota, so on any level- local, state or national- by voting Republican I'm basically wasting my vote. If I could I'd move somewhere where swing votes count.

What I'm really asking is, what makes Hillary more dangerous to the cause of gun rights than Obama has been?

Ghost wrote: Supreme Court[/quote]

The next president will likely nominate 1-3 Supreme Court justices. Heller and McDonald were 5-4 decisions. If a democrat gets in this time gun rights will start a precipitous slide. NO AR's NO AK's. Restrictions or bans on pistols! Not to mention all the BS the ATF and NICS will be pulling.
If you vote democrat or independent that is what you are voting for.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby MJY65 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 am

Lumpy wrote:I live in Minneapolis Minnesota, so on any level- local, state or national- by voting Republican I'm basically wasting my vote. If I could I'd move somewhere where swing votes count.

You mean like the time Al Franken got elected by a few hundred contested votes?
MJY65

Postby Erud on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 am

PhilaBOR wrote:
The next president will likely nominate 1-3 Supreme Court justices. Heller and McDonald were 5-4 decisions. If a democrat gets in this time gun rights will start a precipitous slide. NO AR's NO AK's. Restrictions or bans on pistols! Not to mention all the BS the ATF and NICS will be pulling.
If you vote democrat or independent that is what you are voting for.

And to add to that, the most conservative member of the 5-vote majority just died.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 am

Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable? Ah, no.

Did you forget the brady bill?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 am

MJY65 wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I live in Minneapolis Minnesota, so on any level- local, state or national- by voting Republican I'm basically wasting my vote. If I could I'd move somewhere where swing votes count.

...and became the deciding vote on obamacare...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:42 am

xd ED wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

...and became the deciding vote on obamacare...

Do you think he had a difficult time deciding on which way he would vote?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby captnviper on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:14 pm

LePetomane wrote:A Hillary presidency would be intolerable.

harryset wrote:I think the RNC is willing to give away the Presidency to the Democrats, rather than let their own selfish standings suffer at the hands of any kind of conservative.
1. Cruz
2. Sanders
3. Trump
4. Jamaica Mon

True.

Here is who needs to go for the Republican party to reemerge as a legitimate entity:
1. John McCain
2. His mini-me, Lindsey Graham
3. John Boehner
4. Mitch McConnell
5. Peter King (who said that he would take cyanide if Cruz got the nomination)
6. Paul Ryan
7. All Bushes

Did I miss anyone?

The mainstream republicans have no chance, they have bent to the will of the left on every issue. I actually wonder if there is any difference outside of a few social issues. That list stinks to high heaven.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby LePetomane on Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:38 pm

captnviper wrote:The mainstream republicans have no chance, they have bent to the will of the left on every issue. I actually wonder if there is any difference outside of a few social issues. That list stinks to high heaven.

Establishment Republicans are not a any different than their Democrat counterparts. I now vote in Wyoming where our senators and rep do not buy into the happy horse$hit that the dems deal out. They have not forgotten who elected them and that they work for us.

I don't hold much hope for the current Republican party. The establishment ones will not support Trump or Cruz regardless. They would rather see Hillary in. That way they will not be called out for what they are.

I think that those who classify these Republicans as a bunch of rabid conservatives are dead wrong.
LePetomane

PreviousNext

Return to Politics