Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Postby Lumpy on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:41 pm

I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?
Lumpy

Postby bnelson06 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:52 pm

No
bnelson06

Re: Would a Hillary presidency be tolerable?

Postby Randygmn on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:14 pm

Not even for 11 minutes
Randygmn

Re:

Postby LarryFlew on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:16 pm

bnelson06 wrote:No

What more can you say? Maybe just a better NO
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby wasfuzz on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Oh HELL NO!!!
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 pm

In the Clinton/Trump election I'll stick with Trump. Two of his son's are heavily into conpetition shooting and hunting. That's enough for me to at least make the vote for Trump.

As was stated, our votes for anything but Blue, here in MN won't mean a thing. :gun:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby usnret on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Lumpy wrote:I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?

So, by voting Independent or Libertarian you are basically wasting your vote! You need to vote for the GOP candidate unless you do want Hillary to win.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby goett047 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:45 pm

usnret wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I have no doubt that she'd ban all private ownership of guns if she could; but much as they would like to, American presidents don't get to enact laws by fiat- it's Congress that passes bills. If anything, eight years of Obama have increased gun ownership. The thing is, as I see it Trump is either a blowhard or completely insane, and I think he has zero loyalty to anyone but himself. He'd probably happily switch to a gun-control stance if the political winds suited it. In a Trump/Hillary showdown I might just vote Independent or Libertarian- Minnesota is pretty much a Blue state anyway as far as presidential elections go. Is a dependable enemy conceivably better than an untrustworthy "ally"?

So, by voting Independent or Libertarian you are basically wasting your vote! You need to vote for the GOP candidate unless you do want Hillary to win.

This attitude is the reason the system is so broken. By voting for the lesser of two evils you are wasting your vote. People should vote for who they most agree with.
goett047

Postby BigBlue on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:47 pm

No. No. Not even a little bit. No.

Trump is definitely not a great candidate. But he's head and shoulders better than what we KNOW Hildebeast would be. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about her being in charge.
BigBlue

Postby harryset on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

I think the RNC is willing to give away the Presidency to the Democrats, rather than let their own selfish standings suffer at the hands of any kind of conservative.
1. Cruz
2. Sanders
3. Trump
4. Jamaica Mon
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby xd ED on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Are you suggesting the hillamonster is any different?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby LePetomane on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:15 pm

A Hillary presidency would be intolerable.

harryset wrote:I think the RNC is willing to give away the Presidency to the Democrats, rather than let their own selfish standings suffer at the hands of any kind of conservative.
1. Cruz
2. Sanders
3. Trump
4. Jamaica Mon

True.

Here is who needs to go for the Republican party to reemerge as a legitimate entity:
1. John McCain
2. His mini-me, Lindsey Graham
3. John Boehner
4. Mitch McConnell
5. Peter King (who said that he would take cyanide if Cruz got the nomination)
6. Paul Ryan
7. All Bushes

Did I miss anyone?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby MJY65 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:40 am

I see no indication that she is (or ever has been) passionate about any issue other than getting herself back in the White House.

Of course, if a D controlled Congress sends her gun control legislation, she will gladly sign it.
MJY65

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 am

Not no but HELL NO. The dems like to buy there votes with welfare money. If they get control, you can bet the dems will ban all semi auto weapons for there 1st volley. You have to use your vote smartly. If you vote for someone who doesn't have a prayer, you just helped the opposition. The vote is your choice. Use it wisely
Bearcatrp

Postby Lumpy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:53 am

usnret wrote:

I live in Minneapolis Minnesota, so on any level- local, state or national- by voting Republican I'm basically wasting my vote. If I could I'd move somewhere where swing votes count.

What I'm really asking is, what makes Hillary more dangerous to the cause of gun rights than Obama has been?
Lumpy

Next

Return to Politics