Have you submitted a comment to the SSA proposal?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Have you submitted a comment to the SSA proposal?

Postby jdege on Mon May 09, 2016 10:33 am

This NPRM will propose to implement provisions of the NIAA that require Federal agencies to provide relevant records to the Attorney General for inclusion in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Under the proposed rule, we would identify, on a prospective basis, individuals who receive Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance benefits under title II of the Social Security Act (Act) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments under title XVI of the Act and also meet certain other criteria, including an award of benefits based on a finding that the individual’s mental impairment meets or medically equals the requirements of section 12.00 of the Listing of Impairments (Listings) and receipt of benefits through a representative payee. We also propose to provide pertinent information about these individuals to the Attorney General on not less than a quarterly basis. As required by the NIAA, at the commencement of the adjudication process we would also notify individuals, both orally and in writing, of their possible inclusion in the NICS, the consequences of such inclusion, the criminal penalties for violating the NICS prohibition, and the availability of relief from the prohibitions imposed by the NICS inclusion. Finally, we also propose to establish a program that permits individuals to request relief from the firearms prohibitions imposed by the NIAA. The proposed rule would allow us to fulfill responsibilities that we have under the NIAA.

In other words, anyone social-security recipient who appoints another to manage his finances will be flagged for denial in NICS.

https://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=SSA-2016-0011

So far, there are only 109 comments.
jdege

Postby george on Mon May 09, 2016 10:51 am

Good move by the Democrats, I feel safer already after all these old people have been shooting up the schools, movie theaters, churches, malls my Goodness they're everywhere. We certainly want to make sure we get old people and the disabled on some kind of a list.
Now as time goes along we can just add to the list, let's add transgenders who used the wrong bathroom to this list next year.
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Re: Have you submitted a comment to the SSA proposal?

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon May 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Just another sneaky tactic to remove guns. Sure, some may be nuts enough to justify removing the guns but there will be more innocent bystanders having there guns removed illegally.
Bearcatrp

Postby jdege on Mon May 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Yes, everyone agrees this is a terrible violation of due process.

But have you submitted a comment?
jdege

Postby 2in2out on Mon May 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Done. Thanks for the reminder.

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8pjc-2qx7
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby tletourneau on Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 am

Done

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Tom

----------------------------------
Springfield XD-40 Service
Taurus PT-111 Pro (3rd Gen)
Desert Eagle .50AE Mark VII
tletourneau

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 10, 2016 6:51 am

Incrimentalism. It's the Progressive way. They are willing to nibble away when you are not looking.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re:

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 am

george wrote:Good move by the Democrats, I feel safer already after all these old people have been shooting up the schools, movie theaters, churches, malls my Goodness they're everywhere. We certainly want to make sure we get old people and the disabled on some kind of a list.
Now as time goes along we can just add to the list, let's add transgenders who used the wrong bathroom to this list next year.

Chances are, if they have someone with power of attorney taking care of their finances because they are too incapacitated to do it themselves....then they probably don't even remember if they own a gun or where it's stored... :)
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Snakeman721 on Tue May 10, 2016 10:38 am

Done...

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k0-8pjs-uwkr
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Uffdaphil on Tue May 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Done. Thanks for the link.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Postby BigDog58 on Tue May 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Thank you for posting this. As I am one of those that may be affected by this proposed legislation, I too, have commented. This is just another "End Around" movement ny those that are Anti-Gun, and that are trying to legislate their way around the 2A! :evil:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Return to Politics