Trump on guns?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Trump on guns?

Postby jdege on Wed May 11, 2016 7:44 am

I have no faith in his ability, or even his intention, to follow through on what he promises, but what he promises is pretty much on track.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights
PROTECTING OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Donald J. Trump on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.

The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right – it ensures that the government can’t take it away. Our Founding Fathers knew, and our Supreme Court has upheld, that the Second Amendment’s purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.

It’s been said that the Second Amendment is America’s first freedom. That’s because the Right to Keep and Bear Arms protects all our other rights. We are the only country in the world that has a Second Amendment. Protecting that freedom is imperative. Here’s how we will do that:
jdege

Postby dismal on Wed May 11, 2016 7:54 am

I'll take uncertainity with Trump over the certainty of Hillary's plans.
dismal

Re:

Postby Ghost on Wed May 11, 2016 8:01 am

dismal wrote:I'll take uncertainity with Trump over the certainty of Hillary's plans.

Agreed, Trumps position on everything is whatever will get him what he wants.
Ghost

Re:

Postby jdege on Wed May 11, 2016 8:14 am

dismal wrote:I'll take uncertainity with Trump over the certainty of Hillary's plans.

Given the choice between someone who's promising to do the right stuff, but may not deliver, and someone who is promising to the worst stuff imaginable, and who has a record of engaging in whatever level of chicanery is necessary to accomplish it, the choice is clear enough.

I'd rather vote for my dog than Hillary. Had we an honest legal system, she would have been convicted of felony embezzlement, after her stint as director of the Legal Services Corporation, back in the 70's.
jdege

Re: Trump on guns?

Postby xd ED on Wed May 11, 2016 8:17 am

Trump's position on guns will be really fantastic. It will be huge. He'll create the best gun policy ever seen. Nobody could ever have a greater gun policy than the one Donald Trump will have.
It will bring back many, many more times the jobs, and eliminate much more crime than any other gun policy anyone's ever done.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re:

Postby Hmac on Wed May 11, 2016 9:50 am

Agreed. But for me it doesn't really matter in deciding who to vote for. Even if his gun policy was the same as Hillary's, I'd still vote for him over Hillary if those were my only two realistic choices.
Hmac

Re:

Postby Snakeman721 on Wed May 11, 2016 11:06 am

This^^^^^^^^^^. I'm sick and tired of the Dems getting away with murder...literally! The Hiderbeast on Bengazi, Holder on Fast and Furiuos...and the CONSTANT LYING that the all spout! Yeah, I know, Repubs lie too, but not to the extent that the Dems do....and then when they get caught in a lie, NOTHING HAPPENS to them or they get transfered AND promoted. Tromp represents a change....BOTH Dems and Repubs hate him because he's going to at least try to upset the apple cart. :D
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby 2in2out on Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 pm

xd ED wrote:Trump's position on guns will be really fantastic. It will be huge. He'll create the best gun policy ever seen. Nobody could ever have a greater gun policy than the one Donald Trump will have.
It will bring back many, many more times the jobs, and eliminate much more crime than any other gun policy anyone's ever done.

That made my day :lol:
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 pm

xd ED wrote:Trump's position on guns will be really fantastic. It will be huge. He'll create the best gun policy ever seen. Nobody could ever have a greater gun policy than the one Donald Trump will have.

I'll believe that when I see it. These clowns can promise the world. Only congress can make it law. If he does get in, and the republicans hold onto both house and senate, then can see it happen.
Bearcatrp

Return to Politics