DONALD J. TRUMP RELEASES LIST OF POTENTIAL UNITED STATES SUP

Firearms related political discussion forum

DONALD J. TRUMP RELEASES LIST OF POTENTIAL UNITED STATES SUP

Postby jdege on Thu May 19, 2016 9:53 am

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-releases-list-of-names-of-potential-united-states-supreme-c
DONALD J. TRUMP RELEASES LIST OF POTENTIAL UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT JUSTICES

(New York, NY) May 18, 2016 - Today Donald J. Trump released the much-anticipated list of people he would consider as potential replacements for Justice Scalia at the United States Supreme Court. This list was compiled, first and foremost, based on constitutional principles, with input from highly respected conservatives and Republican Party leadership.

Mr. Trump stated, “Justice Scalia was a remarkable person and a brilliant Supreme Court Justice. His career was defined by his reverence for the Constitution and his legacy of protecting Americans’ most cherished freedoms. He was a Justice who did not believe in legislating from the bench and he is a person whom I held in the highest regard and will always greatly respect his intelligence and conviction to uphold the Constitution of our country. The following list of potential Supreme Court justices is representative of the kind of constitutional principles I value and, as President, I plan to use this list as a guide to nominate our next United States Supreme Court Justices.”
jdege

Re: DONALD J. TRUMP RELEASES LIST OF POTENTIAL UNITED STATES SUP

Postby Ghost on Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am

Needs more Cruz
Ghost

Postby jdege on Thu May 19, 2016 12:21 pm

Don't know much about any of these. Looking at the first in the list found this:

https://casetext.com/case/us-v-lippman-3

The court found:

The court rejects Lippman's constitutional claim on the ground that under circuit precedent, the Second Amendment protects the bearing of arms only when it is "reasonably related to the maintenance of a well regulated militia."

Colloton disagreed:

I would resolve Lippman's claim by assuming that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, and then examining whether the restriction imposed by § 922(g)(8) is a permissible regulation of that right. For the reasons stated by the court in its alternative holding, ante at 1043-44, and by the Fifth Circuit in United States v. Emerson, 270 F.3d 203, 260-64 (5th Cir. 2001), cert. denied, 536 U.S. 907, 122 S.Ct. 2362, 153 L.Ed.2d 184 (2002), I conclude that the prohibition on possession of a firearm by a person subject to a domestic violence restraining order is constitutional.
jdege

Postby yukonjasper on Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 pm

It's just "common sense" ...... right?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to Politics