Tim Caine on gun control

Firearms related political discussion forum

Tim Caine on gun control

Postby jdege on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Tim Kaine on Gun Control

I can't say that he's going to make me more likely to vote for Hillary:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Tim_Kaine_Gun_Control.htm

"I have long been a supporter of what I think are reasonable regulations, the kind of contemplated, frankly, by the Second Amendment, and I think those and others would be reasonable," Kaine said. "In Virginia we worked in the aftermath of Virginia Tech to do some important things on the databases of folks who have been adjudicated mentally ill and dangerous so that they couldn't purchase guns."

Kaine's backing of McCarthy's measure is not--at least in these times--necessarily surprising. Though he is a prominent supporter of the Second Amendment, other gun rights enthusiasts have said they are open to the idea as well.
jdege

Re: Tim Caine on gun control

Postby Snakeman721 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Um...like you SERIOUSLY were thinking about voting for the Hilderbeast in the first place? Yep, just a Hillary "light" clone...gun control nut, big business Wall street pawn, POSSIBLE illegal acceptance of cash and gifts while Gov....etc.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby jdege on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

I'll admit, if she were running for prison librarian, I might vote for her. But probably not.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:06 pm

jdege wrote:I'll admit, if she were running for prison librarian, I might vote for her. But probably not.

I could see the appeal for that position, however do realize that when your book is overdue she will have you shanked.
Holland&Holland

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
jdege wrote:I'll admit, if she were running for prison librarian, I might vote for her. But probably not.

I could see the appeal for that position, however do realize that when your book is overdue she will have you shanked.

Good one! :rotf:
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby 2in2out on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:30 am

Holland&Holland wrote:

That is, if you're allowed to check out a book she approves of.

The 1st Amendment doesn't give you the right to read any book you want. There has to be reasonable restrictions. For instance, you can't yell "fire!" in a crowded theater, and for that reason, HRC is obligated to tell you which books are allowed. And then you must apply for them. And then there's a waiting period. Think about it - the framers never would've allowed theaters to be included in the Bill of Rights without reasonable restrictions (such as completely banning them). And the 2nd Amendment was only about state militias, because nobody in the 21st Century knows how to speak English any more.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby gbono23 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:49 am

Here's an article from the Washington Post showing how Caine has changed his position depending on what and where he was running for office!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/vi ... story.html
gbono23

Return to Politics