Trump blasts M-4 rifle at targets before meeting police

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby jdege on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:15 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3747692/Trump-target-fires-M-4-rifle-meeting-police-boasting-just-went-range-little-shooting-practice.html#ixzz4HjZK7CJZ
Why so shy? Trump blasts M-4 rifle at targets before meeting police – and even hits two bullseyes – but refuses to release a photo of himself armed at the range
Donald Trump fired off an M-4 rifle on Thursday as he took his 'law and order' appeal to a gun range at a North Carolina police lodge.

But his campaign team wouldn't release a photo he took with police officers who joined him at the shooting range, and individual officers weren't allowed to shoot their own pictures with the presidential candidate, an officer told DailyMail.com.
Early reviews are that Trump was right on target when he aimed and fired.

'He fired several shots. I saw two for-sure bullseyes. At the distance we were I couldn’t tell you there wasn’t more,' Ron 'Duck' Wyatt, the mayor of nearby Troutman told DailyMail.com.

'It was excellent marksmanship,' the former firearms instructor for police and civilians added.
Iredell County sheriff Darren Campbell vouched for Trump's skills while introducing the mogul to a supportive crowd of police officers. 'I gotta say this man can shoot,' he said.
jdege

Re: Trump blasts M-4 rifle at targets before meeting police

Postby Scratch on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:14 am

"Blasts"...? Really...?

Why does the media have to sound so stupid. I guess I get that when they write an article or headline, they feel the need to get out a thesaurus, but "blasts" sounds so "Joe Biden-ish" to be taken seriously.
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Ironbear on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:24 am

Media is out of touch with reality. I regularly read the term "packing heat" in news articles, but can't say I've heard any real gun owners use it! Even Hollywood has moved past using it but the media... not!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Ghost on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:05 pm

I heard it felt like a bazooka
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:10 pm

High powered, military style, automatic, assault weapon. All words/phrases commonly used to describe ANY self loading long gun. Shameless ideologues.
Randygmn

Postby ZardozCZ on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:28 am

Hm. Communications majors that I've met impressed me as those that held the curve lower in academics, so chose a career path that didn't require much upstairs. Apologies to any bright ones out there.
ZardozCZ

Postby 2in2out on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Buy a shotgun, buy a shotgun. Fire two blasts out the door.

Sorry, I have that song stuck in my head now.......
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:26 am

ZardozCZ wrote:Hm. Communications majors that I've met impressed me as those that held the curve lower in academics, so chose a career path that didn't require much upstairs. Apologies to any bright ones out there.

My sister was a communications major. She's now a cop.
Ghost

Return to Politics