Indiana blamed for Illinois gun problem

Firearms related political discussion forum

Indiana blamed for Illinois gun problem

Postby Citiot on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:54 pm

I was poking around the everytown for gun safety facebook and looked at the comments.

Someone basically pointed out => if Indiana's lax gun laws are the reason for Chicago's woes, why does Indiana have almost half the murder rate of Illinois?

This is such a basic point that is not articulated enough. People go down the rabbit hole of where the guns come from and this stunningly simple point is lost.

This is such a brilliant and well thought point that totally blows the "lax" Indiana gun laws argument soundly out of the water... with incredible critical thinking. Love it.

Why are Indianans murdering each other at nearly half the rate of Illinoisans despite the lax gun laws? Anyone? Anyone?, Bueler?

Incredibly, there were postings from the antis saying the statistics are not true.

Wow. There is such a thing as "confirmation bias" where people will only seek out data that meets their emotional conclusions.

I am a scientist by education and always look deep into statistics and my nature is to consider all viewpoints.
Citiot

Re: Indiana blamed for Illinois gun problem

Postby Lumpy on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:14 pm

For that matter it's Cook County that has a gun problem, not the rest of the state of Illinois.
Lumpy

Postby LePetomane on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Hell, Bush is still being blamed for Obama's perceived failures. The left is very good at deflecting blame. They will never admit that they are wrong. Wait until Mrs. Clinton cant clean up the mess 8 years of Obama created.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby george on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Personally I'm hoping Clinton doesn't have the chance to clean up Obama's mess.
All left control States try to blame all their downfalls on somebody else that's the way they operate it's the only way they can keep face. Worst part is that they believe it.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby LePetomane on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:59 am

The mess BHO created cannot be cleaned up. Runaway crime, race relations at an all time low because of race baiting, dependency on government, a nuclear Iran, the little prick in North Korea running wild, foreign policy failures in Egypt, libya, Syria, the list goes on.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:30 am

I'm going to blame people who want to shoot other people as the problem.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 am

Ghost wrote:I'm going to blame people who want to shoot other people as the problem.

Those who should have thrown him in jail after car theft, armed robbery, burglary, and assault have a hand in it.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:01 am

Lumpy wrote:For that matter it's Cook County that has a gun problem, not the rest of the state of Illinois.

What "gun problem" is that?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to Politics