Who covers YOUR rent/mortgage while you are on vacation?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Who covers YOUR rent/mortgage while you are on vacation?

Postby MJY65 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:51 am

MJY65

Re: Who covers YOUR rent/mortgage while you are on vacation?

Postby steve4102 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:31 am

If they are on subsidized (welfare) income, how can they afford to travel to Africa?

Are we paying for their transportation above and beyond their normal welfare income?
steve4102

Postby Erud on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:03 am

I'm a member of the US National Rifle Team, and I'd like to go with the team to South Africa in March to shoot the SA Long Range National Championships, but my daughter is getting married in May and I can't afford it. If I could get some free money and not have to pay my bills while I was gone it would be a lot easier. I wonder if the city of Minneapolis would be willing to hook a brother up?
Erud

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:49 am

Erud wrote:I'm a member of the US National Rifle Team, and I'd like to go with the team to South Africa in March to shoot the SA Long Range National Championships, but my daughter is getting married in May and I can't afford it. If I could get some free money and not have to pay my bills while I was gone it would be a lot easier. I wonder if the city of Minneapolis would be willing to hook a brother up?

No soup for you
Ghost

Postby Erud on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:54 am

:cry:
Erud

Postby MJY65 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:04 am

I know Minneapolis is a liberal city, but I can't imagine anyone thinking this is reasonable (I probably don't have a vivid enough imagination). I'd bet that very few tax paying Minnesotans have traveled to their ancestral homeland, but they are being asked to pay for refugees to do so. STOP VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS!!!!
MJY65

Postby BigBlue on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Wow. There is so much wrong to be dismayed at in that article that I'm just going to give up and shake my head. What a clusterf$$k.
BigBlue

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:13 pm

wtf? WTF? Are you **** kidding me? This worthless state is pissing me off to no end seeing this crap!
Bearcatrp

Postby MJY65 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

^^^^^

Sometimes, I just can't believe that over half of the people that walk among us vote for this crap.
MJY65

Postby unfitmother on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Eh, it's election time. There were a handful of sensationalist gun-fearing articles in the StarTribune this week. I see this as a sensationalist imigrant-fearing article.

I don't mean to defend national immigration policies; creating a bunch of inroads for refugees does nothing to address the causes of the wars in those countries.

That said, this policy change is only costing Minneapolis Housing Authority $50,000, and 90% of their $103M budget comes from a federal grants and rent. Unless I'm missing something, it's not actually costing taxpayers much.
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby Erud on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:21 pm

unfitmother wrote:Eh, it's election time. There were a handful of sensationalist gun-fearing articles in the StarTribune this week. I see this as a sensationalist imigrant-fearing article.

I don't mean to defend national immigration policies; creating a bunch of inroads for refugees does nothing to address the causes of the wars in those countries.

That said, this policy change is only costing Minneapolis Housing Authority $50,000, and 90% of their $103M budget comes from a federal grants and rent. Unless I'm missing something, it's not actually costing taxpayers much.

So, principles don't matter as long as it doesn't exceed a certain dollar amount? Also, whi do you think pays for the federal grants that find the program? Who provides the money that most MPHA residents use to pay their rent in the first place?
Erud

Postby brad3579 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:29 pm

unfitmother wrote:Eh, it's election time. There were a handful of sensationalist gun-fearing articles in the StarTribune this week. I see this as a sensationalist imigrant-fearing article.

Who is paying for the federal grants?
brad3579

Postby unfitmother on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Principles are important. But what principle is being argued here? MPHA policy, the existence of the MPHA, immigration policy, or something else?

On principle, it does seem like an abuse to claim voluntarily leaving the country as an "income hardship."
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby unfitmother on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:11 pm

The Breitbart article uses a lot of accurate Somali immigrant statistics, and some vague budget stats, in an attempt to validate this sentence at the end of the article:

Breitbart wrote:Critics of the federal refugee resettlement program see this latest news as just another example of how poorly the program is serving the country.

In terms of investigative principles, they didn't actually make a solid case against federal programs, just an emotional plea.

It's easier to critique than offer a better idea, so I will just get off the pot since the **** that's coming out of me doesn't smell any better. :oops:
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:34 pm

My wife immigrated here in 1989 from Ukraine. So, since I've never seen her "Homeland" we would like to go spend a couple months there. You know, seeing old relatives and such ;)

We will see how the Gov likes paying our mortgage for that time period!

I won't hold my breath. :evil:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Next

Return to Politics