How About The Other races?

Firearms related political discussion forum

How About The Other races?

Postby LarryP on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:22 am

Are the Republicans going to loose what they control in the MN & US legislature? Haven't heard much about it. IMO more important than the president race
LarryP

Re: How About The Other races?

Postby MJY65 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 am

It seems like the prognosticators don't have a very good handle on it or are spending all their time on the Presidential race.

I agree, it is equally (maybe more) important. Significant infringements on our gun rights would most likely take place at the state level. Only then can a Hillary appointed Supreme Court uphold them.

Another good reason to get out and vote even if you aren't thrilled with the top of the ticket.
MJY65

Postby INOR on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am

The Senate is for sure in jeopardy at the national level. House will lose seats as well, but who knows if it's going to be enough to flip control. I also expect the downticket in MN to be impacted, but it's anybody's guess as to how much.
INOR

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:27 pm

I would not put it past Hillary to try and get a 28th Amendment Ratified. It would be for abolishing the Second Amendment. Either that, or some try at using an Executive Order against us.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby MJY65 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 pm

BigDog58 wrote:I would not put it past Hillary to try and get a 28th Amendment Ratified. It would be for abolishing the Second Amendment.

Good luck trying to get 3/4 of the state legislatures to ratify.
MJY65

Postby ex-LT on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 am

MJY65 wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:I would not put it past Hillary to try and get a 28th Amendment Ratified. It would be for abolishing the Second Amendment.

Good luck trying to get 3/4 of the state legislatures to ratify.

Agreed. She'll never get an amendment. That said, she doesn't need an amendment: EOs and stacking SCOTUS to get a strong anti-2A majority will accomplish the same thing by gutting the Second Amendment to the point that it only applies to organized militias (e.g. National Guard).
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Return to Politics