Election and gun buying habits

Firearms related political discussion forum

Election and gun buying habits

Postby silvor on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Just a few of MY observations:

1) the polls say Hillary is our likely next POTUS
2) that means the Supreme Court will be liberal leaning for the rest of our lives
3) the Senate at this point looks like a 50/50 tossup
4) looks like the Republicans will keep the House.

Anyway, it seems, at least as far as gun owners buying habits, we either not stocking up for the worst, or we're all stocked up.
1) on Armslist, it seems more AR15's are for sale than ever before at decent prices
2) ammo is pretty much plentiful. Even .22 can be had for 6-7 cents and doesn't sell out in minutes online.
3) powder, primers and other reloading equipment is in stock
4) lots of brass laying around at the gunclub :) A few years ago it was picked bare.
5) One of the busier gunshops In the metro told me people are mostly buying "hunting guns" and pistols and AR's not so much. He said this has been going on well before hunting season.

What have you guys seen/heard/think?
silvor

Re: Election and gun buying habits

Postby Sigfan220 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:52 pm

If Trump gets in there will likely be a surplus of guns and ammo. We should see more sales and better pricing overall. If Hillary gets in I think we will see gun sales go up but not at a panic level yet.

However if you are even considering an AR15 type gun, I would not wait. Also stock up on ammo for all calibers.
Sigfan220

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:33 pm

The panic will start the morning after the election, if HRC is elected.
Sorcerer

Postby Rodentman on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:13 pm

I agree that people will wait until after the election even though HRC will likely win. People who want to wait should buy a gun at Cabela's. They will be waiting a long time in line. I've never seen it take an hour to complete a gun sale, but it does there.
Rodentman

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Rodentman wrote:I agree that people will wait until after the election even though HRC will likely win. People who want to wait should buy a gun at Cabela's. They will be waiting a long time in line. I've never seen it take an hour to complete a gun sale, but it does there.

I bought 2 used pistols from the Gun Library at the Rogers Cabelas recently....It would have taken about 40 minutes, BUT when one of the the guns was originallly bought, some moron entered the serial number with ONE digit wrong into their inventory system. Another 45 minutes later and numerous employees looking at the gun and looking at their computer screen, they finally changed the serial number in the computer....duh!
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby perotter on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:13 pm

Sorcerer wrote:The panic will start the morning after the election, if HRC is elected.

If Trump is elected, the leftists will panic and start buying guns and ammo in quantity.
perotter

Postby Sorcerer on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:22 am

perotter wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:The panic will start the morning after the election, if HRC is elected.

If Trump is elected, the leftists will panic and start buying guns and ammo in quantity.

As well they should. WHEN Trump wins the free stuff people are going to be pissed and burn there neighbor"hoods" down. When there done at home they will move onto others neighborhoods.
Sorcerer

Postby OldmanFCSA on Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Trump ahead 53% to Killiary's 41% as of 6:18 CST.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:13 pm

perotter wrote:

Please, they could not figure out how to load a gun.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:45 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
perotter wrote:

Please, they could not figure out how to load a gun.

They may buy guns& ammo but there fear would be so great they would never load let alone fire it. Paper weights waiting to be take in a home burglary.
Sorcerer

Return to Politics