Anyone shed a tear?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Anyone shed a tear?

Postby LarryP on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Be honest, how many had tears in their eyes listening to obama's farewell speech :lol:
LarryP

Re: Anyone shed a tear?

Postby ttousi on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 pm

who listened
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Had it on in the background. Sounded more like a pep rally than anything. Guy is a self absorbed pompous you know what.
Holland&Holland

Postby george on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 am

Unable to watch, CSI Miami was on.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 am

We should have a parade for his departing arse. 9 more days of BS, then we will see if trump can deliver!
Bearcatrp

Postby Randygmn on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:55 am

Bearcatrp wrote:We should have a parade for his departing arse. 9 more days of BS, then we will see if trump can deliver!

Trump already delivered. He stopped Hillary.
Randygmn

Postby DrewTea on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:22 am

LarryP wrote:Be honest, how many had tears in their eyes listening to obama's farewell speech :lol:

Do tears of joy count? :P
DrewTea

Postby MJY65 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 am

Randygmn wrote:Trump already delivered. He stopped Hillary.

I'm fine with that accomplishment. I have no idea if he will be a good President, but I'm pretty sure she would have been horrible.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 am

He's not leaving :(
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-i-wont-leave-on-jan-20/article/2610644

Couching his address to the nation as assurance that he will remain committed to defending the "progress" achieved by his administration, the president made it crystal clear that he intends to be a thorn in President Trump's side after the official handover of power on Jan. 20.
"I promise you that next year Michelle and I are going to be right there with you, and the clouds are going to start parting and the sun is going to come back out, and we're going to be busy, involved in the amazing stuff that we've been doing all these years before," Obama told supporters in late November. Obama also revealed then that his family plans to stick around Washington, D.C., for a few years while his younger daughter, Sasha, finishes high school.
Obama said that the country has "made extraordinary progress as a country these past eight years."

Good thing Trump won't hesitate to belittle the arrogant bastard via Twitter
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 am

Obama said that the country has "made extraordinary progress as a country these past eight years."

The fact that he can say that with a straight face is all the evidence you need that he is mentally defective. He and the libs have harmed this country so greatly in the past 8 years that we have a big, big hole to climb out of. Race relations and international relations are two prime examples of their utter failures.

BB
BigBlue

Postby gbono23 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:51 am

Yes he is staying in DC, bought a big Town home and is in the process of building a wall around it! I don't like the fact that he is going to try to be a thorn in the side of Trump. As a past president you should fade into the background and stay classy. Carter did it, Reagan did it, Bush did it, Clinton did it, Bush II did it, but not Barry, he's gonna be right out there criticizing every move of Trump. Will Trump deserve criticism, probably but it shouldn't come from the ex president, the media will be there to handle that I'm sure!
gbono23

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:53 am

I watched 70% of it. There is no doubt that he is a true believer in the "progressive" movement and the ideals that they promote. He re-emphasized the Progressive platform and made it very clear that his expectation is that the movement will continue. There were couched threats and some no so couched calling out and warnings for the incoming administration. Although there was some bridge building, it was done with an arrogant admonishing tone that used the Liberal perspective that this election proves that the country is broken. Having not heard the final speech of any other outgoing President, I wasn't sure if this rhetoric was typical. I would assume not since it came across as less than genuine as it relates welcoming the Trump Administration. I did find it somewhat touching when he spoke about his wife and family and truly believe that he was sincere in his appreciation for their sacrifice.

As a side note, I don't know what was going on in the venue, but early on there appeared to be either hecklers or supporters shouting during the speech - I could not discern whether it was praise, exhortation or haranguing but it was very distracting - it seemed to subside as the speech went on but happened a few times after that and throughout.

Let's hope that the staffers leaving the White House leave the equipment intact and that the silverware, china and furniture remains - and before anyone accuses me of racism, research what happened when the Clintons left office.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ironbear on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 am

gbono23 wrote:Yes he is staying in DC, bought a big Town home and is in the process of building a wall around it! I don't like the fact that he is going to try to be a thorn in the side of Trump.

Didn't you hear? He is a climate scientist now! Wrote a policy piece for Science Magazine...
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2017/01/06/science.aam6284.full
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby BU1 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:12 pm

yukonjasper wrote: I did find it somewhat touching when he spoke about his wife and family and truly believe that he was sincere in his appreciation for their sacrifice.

Sacrifice????????? How much did her vacations cost us???????????? :shock:
BU1

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 pm

sorry forgot to include the sarcasm indicator.

I did find it interesting that whichever daughter was at the event was obviously coached to dab tears as she did so obsessively while on camera. Here expression belied a different emotion. Maybe she had some sort of eye infection - better hurry up to get in on the ObamaCare - wait, wouldn't any care she get be Obamacare?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Next

Return to Politics