Pro gun bills introduced in the MN House

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Pro gun bills introduced in the MN House

Postby jdege on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:35 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
DustinD wrote: The Caucus leadership is asking everyone to write their representatives to make these bills a priority.

Keith Ellison <urgh> :x

We're talking about state, not fed.

Jean Wagenius isn't any better.
jdege

Re: Pro gun bills introduced in the MN House

Postby steve4102 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 am

Randygmn wrote:For me personally, I'll still voluntarily choose to keep my permit, for several reasons. The govt already knows about me, lol. Countless 4473's, as well as being permitted in NYC for 20 years, and my current MN permit. I know folks who refuse or prefer never to be on govt radar, and I respect that. That ship has already sailed for me. But, the real intent of constitutional carry, and how the second amendment is all that is needed, I FULLY SUPPORT!! Also, having the permit allows me to carry in other states where there is reciprocity. Also, when National Reciprocity passes (fingers crossed), I'll be able to carry again in NYC, where I spend a good portion of the year (can't hold 2 permits from different states, currently). And finally, the reason I'll continue to keep my permit....God forbid I ever use a firearm in a self defense situation, I'd rather have the prosecutor/judge/jury know that I've taken the initiative to keep my permit and have passed the required state standards. Ymmv.

Lets not forget that the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act is still active and enforceable.

Under the GFSZA, it is a Felony to possess a loaded Firearm on public property within 1000 feet of school property WITHOUT a State issued permit/license.

Until the GFSZA is repealed or amended, Constitution/Permitless carry will make potential felons out of thousands of MN residents.
steve4102

Previous

Return to Politics