Minnesota Republicans introduce two extreme gun bills

Firearms related political discussion forum

Minnesota Republicans introduce two extreme gun bills

Postby minnesotaguy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

Unfortunately in Minnesota the biased news media overrides facts and common sense with their own propaganda, innuendo and rhetoric.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minnesota ... /410668845

""The first is “permitless carry,” granting anyone in Minnesota the right to carry a gun wherever they go. The gun lobby prefers to call it “constitutional carry,” and it would invalidate all state laws on carrying or possession of weapons in public.""
""In your own home, you can shoot to kill in order to prevent a felony -- such the stealing of a TV or the writing of a bad check. ""
""Gov. Mark Dayton will most likely veto both bills. But they'll nonetheless test how the state begins to deal with the new power of extremists in the legislature. ""

CityPages is obviously the headquarters for "fake news" in the state of Minnesota....
minnesotaguy

Re: Minnesota Republicans introduce two extreme gun bills

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:28 am

They are definitely on the front lines of Liberal print media for the Twin Cities. Any opinion that doesn't hold to the Liberal Orthodoxy will likely be seen as destructive, evil and shocking. They are also in the sensational reporting to attract controversy and readers. By and large, the people that hold common views represented on this forum are not the target audience, so it's not shocking that they would print a "wet your pants" article about something we are very comfortable with.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 am

Rob Doar and I tore them up pretty good in the comments.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Hmac on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm

City Pages did get one thing right...Dayton will certainly veto both bills.
Hmac

Postby Erud on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:52 pm

These new laws will be a nice change of pace. I am sick and tired of punks coming into my house and writing bad checks!
Erud

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Hmac wrote:City Pages did get one thing right...Dayton will certainly veto both bills.

Probably.

And that's fine. It sets up the 2018 Governor's race perfectly.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Erud wrote:These new laws will be a nice change of pace. I am sick and tired of punks coming into my house and writing bad checks!

If you're looking for a law that will allow you to shoot someone writing a bad check, this is not that.
b
bstrawse

Postby Erud on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:24 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Erud wrote:These new laws will be a nice change of pace. I am sick and tired of punks coming into my house and writing bad checks!

If you're looking for a law that will allow you to shoot someone writing a bad check, this is not that.
b

Oh really? :roll: That is disappointing. I thought you guys were finally getting some good legislation done.
Erud

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:35 pm

:lol:
atomic41

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Did city pages run this before or after the ads exploiting sex slaves?
Holland&Holland

Postby crbutler on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:12 pm

One strange thing in the comments (other than some folk's absolute lack of education on the subject and still feeling that they have a reason to comment) was the security guy's comment that there are "classes" of permits.

I never heard of such a thing.

Is this actually true or is this some nonsense where a cop is using his police ID as a permit/proof of on duty status and the guy is just calling it a "higher class of permit"? I realize that LEO while under cloak of office can do things that a civilian permittee cannot, but I thought that a LEO off duty was considered the same as the rest of us as far as the law? That retired LEO reciprocity was supposed to grant the retired LEO a PTC in all jurisdictions? (even though as I recall that never passed...)
crbutler

Postby bstrawse on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 pm

crbutler wrote:One strange thing in the comments (other than some folk's absolute lack of education on the subject and still feeling that they have a reason to comment) was the security guy's comment that there are "classes" of permits.

I never heard of such a thing.

Is this actually true or is this some nonsense where a cop is using his police ID as a permit/proof of on duty status and the guy is just calling it a "higher class of permit"? I realize that LEO while under cloak of office can do things that a civilian permittee cannot, but I thought that a LEO off duty was considered the same as the rest of us as far as the law? That retired LEO reciprocity was supposed to grant the retired LEO a PTC in all jurisdictions? (even though as I recall that never passed...)

No idea what that guy is talking about, but LEOSA did pass and is law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enfor ... Safety_Act
bstrawse

Postby crbutler on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 am

What I was recalling was someone wanted to let off duty LEO and retired LEO carry in places like the metrodome and such and if I recall right that didn't fly. I guess I got the two mixed up. Good that any honorably retired LEO can carry without having to go through a bunch of hoops, and it is the hopeful precedent for national recipricocity.
crbutler

Postby MJY65 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:05 am

crbutler wrote: Good that any honorably retired LEO can carry without having to go through a bunch of hoops, and it is the hopeful precedent for national recipricocity.

I'm not so sure it helps us. It just reinforces the Them vs Us mentality and creates a perception in the public that LEOs (even retired) should receive special treatment.
MJY65

Postby goett047 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 am

MJY65 wrote:
crbutler wrote: Good that any honorably retired LEO can carry without having to go through a bunch of hoops, and it is the hopeful precedent for national recipricocity.

I'm not so sure it helps us. It just reinforces the Them vs Us mentality and creates a perception in the public that LEOs (even retired) should receive special treatment.

Agreed. If they are retired they are no longer a LEO. They should have to play by the same rules as the rest of us. If those rules are too restrictive then the rules should be changed.
goett047

Next

Return to Politics