Petition to end NFA

Firearms related political discussion forum

Petition to end NFA

Postby xd ED on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:16 am

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

We the People wish to see the National Firearms Act of 1934 repealed in order to remove regulations on our 2nd amendment rights, increase national economic strength, and provide protection against threats to our national security.

I'm not a big fan of form letters, and online petitions, but I don't believe they hurt their cause either.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Petition to end NFA

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Let's say enough people signed on that the current administration thought it would be worth pursuing. How strong would support in the legislature be?
Lumpy

Postby MJY65 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Lumpy wrote:Let's say enough people signed on that the current administration thought it would be worth pursuing. How strong would support in the legislature be?

I'd guess a blanket repeal of NFA has zero chance. No way in heck you are going to get Democrats to go along with legalizing full auto.
MJY65

Petition to end NFA

Postby xd ED on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:20 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Let's say enough people signed on that the current administration thought it would be worth pursuing. How strong would support in the legislature be?

I'd guess a blanket repeal of NFA has zero chance. No way in heck you are going to get Democrats to go along with legalizing full auto.

I agree that full-auto would be doubtful. I believe reasonable people would accept the removal of SBRs and suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby sprigfan on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Full-auto is not going to happen. I would even predict quite a few Republicans would vote that down. I agree suppressors are more realistic. Even Dayton signed that into law here.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Re:

Postby MJY65 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

sprigfan wrote: I agree suppressors are more realistic. Even Dayton signed that into law here.

Well, what he signed just got us down to NFA levels from outright prohibition.
MJY65

Postby Squib Joe on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 pm

The Hearing Protection Act has a much better chance .. and it may even happen this year.
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Remove suppressors
Remove SBR's
Open machine gun registry
Then eliminate NFA
Ghost

Re:

Postby Randygmn on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 pm

sprigfan wrote:Full-auto is not going to happen. I would even predict quite a few Republicans would vote that down. I agree suppressors are more realistic. Even Dayton signed that into law here.

It doesn't have to happen, now. Do you know the difference in retail price between a semi auto BCM and a full auto variant sold to LEO/MIL? None. They cost the same to make. I'd be happy to have full auto on the NFA, without year of manufacture restrictions. That would mean a tax stamp, but folks could purchase brand new manufactured full auto firearms at their semi auto counterparts pricing.
Randygmn

Return to Politics