Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard

Postby photogpat on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Constitutional Carry and Self Defense Law Reform to be heard

Postby ZardozCZ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 am

Newz this morning is calling for an anti gun rally at noon today. Better numbers at the hearing will be helpful, despite negative opinions one may have. Evil gains while the good do nothing. Show up! Wear maroon.
ZardozCZ

Postby photogpat on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:03 am

ZardozCZ wrote:Newz this morning is calling for an anti gun rally at noon today. Better numbers at the hearing will be helpful, despite negative opinions one may have. Evil gains while the good do nothing. Show up! Wear maroon.

Gosh, the anti-gun rally was TODAY, and not tomorrow?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby JJ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:29 am

ZardozCZ wrote:Newz this morning is calling for an anti gun rally at noon today. Better numbers at the hearing will be helpful, despite negative opinions one may have. Evil gains while the good do nothing. Show up! Wear maroon.

Wear suits, dress shirts, look like we recognize the and respect the legislative body. The maroon t-shirt thing has gone by the wayside.

:2cents:
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby atomic41 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:03 am

I would go if I didn't have meetings starting at 11:00.
atomic41

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:38 am

JJ wrote:

Wear suits, dress shirts, look like we recognize the and respect the legislative body. The maroon t-shirt thing has gone by the wayside.

What time should we be there?
Ghost

Postby JJ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:48 am

Ghost wrote:
JJ wrote:

What time should we be there?

Two critical gun rights bills will be heard in the Minnesota House Public Safety and Security Policy and Finance Committee on Wednesday, March 8th at 10:15am in Room 10 of the State Office Building (SOB).

Wednesday, March 8th: If you can be at the hearing, please join us! The hearing will be in the State Office Building (100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Drive) in Room 10. The hearing begins at 10:15am. We recommend arriving early. You may carry in the State Capitol Complex if you have a Minnesota Permit to Carry - prior notification is not required. We recommend carrying concealed
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby harryset on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:03 pm

photogpat wrote:

Why don't these people do their anti-whatever rallies out in the HOOD, where the problems lie???
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 pm

photogpat wrote:

Almost like that was planned or something.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:55 pm

JJ wrote:

I concur.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd ED on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:07 pm

JJ wrote:

...The maroon t-shirt thing has gone by the wayside....

Good thing I read this. It prevented me from committing a fashion faux pas.

Fortunately several hard washings removed most of the motor oil stains from my 'Shoot-'em-all-let-God-sort-em-out' wife-beater tee and matching dew rag.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Moms Demand Action must have bused a crowd in at 7:00 AM and packed the floor. :evil:

I couldn't stay, did it go any better later for the pro-gun side?
Lumpy

Postby xd ED on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:24 pm

I was there until about noon.
I got there about 940 and the room was full.
I watched it on CCTV from the viewing room, which was also full.
Other than the one knuckle-dragger, it was pretty predictable:
Facts, reasoning, statistics vs hyperbole, histrionics, a few very touching, emotional, and thoroughly irrelevant stories of tragedy, and a bit of urban theatre.
Robb Doer's opening remarks moved the ball way down the field :cheers:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm

Planned on coming over but got delayed so I didn't. Thanks to those that did and all of those working on Making Minnesota Great Again.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm worried that the committee saw a sea of orange and red MDA shirts while the GOCRA people got shunted out of sight to the overflow room. MDA got there "firstest with the mostest". That's a tactic we've got to watch out for in the future.
Lumpy

PreviousNext

Return to Politics