Springfield Armory and Rock River cut a deal w/Illinois

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Springfield Armory and Rock River cut a deal w/Illinois

Postby Ghost on Tue May 02, 2017 6:12 am

Dill wrote:before hanging anyone, I'm going to see how this plays out before getting too worked up.

The family that owns SA is the Reese's
Keller is the lobbyist
Larson is from RRA

You can't tell me they didn't know what IFMA and Keller were doing
http://m.imgur.com/gallery/kwVWwN2
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Realistically, what percentage of gun owner/buyers do you think pay attention to this stuff? The vast majority are barely able to manage to keep up with what the school board passed last year and the next round of Taxes they'll have to pay to cover it.

I'm not saying people shouldn't, but I think its probably not going to move the needle for Joe or Jane SixGun and for the most part it appears to be inside baseball Illinois Politics. I understand that it could set a precedence or at least an expectation that similar restrictions could be achieved in other States, as has been brought up. I do think, however, that it is unlikely because the hardcore NRA - 2A crowd will be looking for this stuff now and will not allow it to go unchallenged.

I also don't know that we have all the facts, but I agree, what facts we do have don't bode well for the integrity of these groups and their belief in the inalienable rights of the American Citizen guaranteed by the Second Amendment. It feels like they are OK playing the game with the politicians and I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't other layers of back room dealing going on. It is Illinois after all................ Kalifornia and Nay York will be the next attempt for the Bloomberg gang.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Tue May 02, 2017 5:04 pm

S&W felt the impact of a boycott in the past.

Now social media is everything. Ever do a little searching about a gun before buying one? First things that will come up will be don't buy from them.
Ghost

Postby Dill on Tue May 02, 2017 8:54 pm

SA has backed off saying they have looked into it more and do not support the bill.

Springfield Armory has always fought hand-in-hand with the NRA, NSSF, ISRA and many others for legislation that fiercely protects the Second Amendment, individual rights and the industry as a whole. Our fight continues today as some members of the Illinois legislature are pushing to overregulate the industry through Gun Dealer Licensing Act (SB1657).

“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

Springfield Armory, like Rock River Arms, was not aware of the actions taken by our trade association, IFMA, until after the fact. We take this situation very seriously and are looking into how this very unfortunate lapse in communication occurred.

Springfield Armory has fought and defeated legislation like this in Illinois for the past 15 years. We are wholeheartedly against this bill and will fight to see it defeated as the unnecessary and harmful overreach that it is.

Stefany Reese, PR & Communications Manager
Springfield Armory, Inc.
stefanyr@springfield-armory.com
309-944-8994
Last edited by Dill on Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dill

Postby Randygmn on Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Also exposed today is that both SA and RRA have a 5 year history of donating big money to the most ardent anti gun politicians in Illinois. They are done. Encourage all the LGS not to carry their products.
Randygmn

Postby Dill on Tue May 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Randygmn wrote:Also exposed today is that both SA and RRA have a 5 year history of donating big money to the most ardent anti gun politicians in Illinois. They are done. Encourage all the LGS not to carry their products.

source on that?
Dill

Postby karlobag on Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 pm

NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Springfield Armory and Rock River cut a deal w/Illinois

Postby goett047 on Tue May 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Their only mistake was getting caught. They'd do it again if they thought they could get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goett047

Postby Ghost on Wed May 03, 2017 5:23 am

goett047 wrote:Their only mistake was getting caught. They'd do it again if they thought they could get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo, they are in full cover up mode now
Ghost

Postby karlobag on Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

Be the first one on this board to own one of these!!!!1

NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
karlobag

Postby Ghost on Wed May 03, 2017 8:42 am

karlobag wrote:Be the first one on this board to own one of these!!!!1

I see nothing
Ghost

Postby karlobag on Wed May 03, 2017 9:00 am

Weird, I show an image. Let me try again.

Can you see it now?
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO

karlobag

Postby Ghost on Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 am

karlobag wrote:Weird, I show an image. Let me try again.

Can you see it now?

Yep, I see it now
Ghost

Previous

Return to Politics