Dear Donald

Firearms related political discussion forum

Re: Dear Donald

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 am

The accomplishments are overshadowed by the incessant tweeting. Trump keeps feeding them distractions. Liberal Media wins in this sound bite culture.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby MJY65 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 am

yukonjasper wrote:The accomplishments are overshadowed by the incessant tweeting. Trump keeps feeding them distractions. Liberal Media wins in this sound bite culture.

I really don't think it matters. The coastal elites and the MSM despise Trump. He could stop Tweeting tomorrow and they'd still hate him. Make no mistake, they hate most of us on this board, too. They have nothing but condescension and contempt for those of us that live in what they consider the wasteland between NY and CA. We are nothing but obstacles to them.
MJY65

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:14 am

MJY65 wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:The accomplishments are overshadowed by the incessant tweeting. Trump keeps feeding them distractions. Liberal Media wins in this sound bite culture.

I really don't think it matters. The coastal elites and the MSM despise Trump. He could stop Tweeting tomorrow and they'd still hate him. Make no mistake, they hate most of us on this board, too. They have nothing but condescension and contempt for those of us that live in what they consider the wasteland between NY and CA. We are nothing but obstacles to them.

Agreed. They are so focused on obstructing Trump that they will continue losing for a few more years at least. The MSM and democrat party are desperate and are already too far down the radical left road to turn back. Stick a fork in them...they are done.
atomic41

Postby Erud on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Want to save money, get rid of congress and the senate. Let the president design a law and let the governors vote it up or down!

Yeah, who needs a representative republic anyways! Just let Mark Dayton make all of the decisions for Minnesotans!
Erud

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Erud wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:Want to save money, get rid of congress and the senate. Let the president design a law and let the governors vote it up or down!

Yeah, who needs a representative republic anyways! Just let Mark Dayton make all of the decisions for Minnesotans!

I believe they now call this "executive democracy". :x
Lumpy

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Erud wrote:

Well we have the Met Council which decides how to spend our money and they are not elected representatives.
atomic41

Postby xd ED on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:02 pm

atomic41 wrote:
Erud wrote:

Well we have the Met Council which decides how to spend our money and they are not elected representatives.

Yes,
And look at the great things they've accomplished :hmm:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby atomic41 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah, who needs a representative republic anyways! Just let Mark Dayton make all of the decisions for Minnesotans![/quote]

Well we have the Met Council which decides how to spend our money and they are not elected representatives.[/quote]

Yes,
And look at the great things they've accomplished :hmm:[/quote]

Well we have a giant money pit train that people only ride during sporting events. The existing lines can't even come close to sustaining themselves. But the Trib just ran an article about how they (Met Council) want to "force" us to ride trains so they plan to let traffic get worse. :x

Didn't Jesse almost get rid of these jerks? I can't believe we let a group of people not voted into office decide how our tax money is spent. I'm hoping that the national wave of support for Trump and draining the swamp will extend into MN. We did vote heavy for Trump which was encouraging. I went to the Trump rally at the airport and seeing the thousands of people that couldn't get in and the thousands of cars parked down the interstate was crazy.

It's time we hold politicians responsible for representing taxpayers again and with trump we have serious positive momentum...we need to keep it going.
atomic41

Postby rtk on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Have you noticed in the past couple of years how the west metro roads have been torn up? Hwy 7, 169, 100, 394 with paving projects etc...conspiracy to cram the choo choo down our throats...yep!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby xd ED on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:09 pm

atomic41 wrote:...Didn't Jesse almost get rid of these jerks? ..

quite the opposite; it was Gov Turnbuckle who gave us the toy trains...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Does anyone know what it would take to get rid of the Metropolitan Council? Does someone have to introduce legislation? Is there a core responsibility that is legitimate?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:51 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Does anyone know what it would take to get rid of the Metropolitan Council? Does someone have to introduce legislation? Is there a core responsibility that is legitimate?

The Met Council was started to deal with metropolitan-wide sewage treatment; arguably a legitimate mission.
However, the organization that was once the Metropolitan Waste Water Commission, now calls itself Metropolitan Council Environmental Services...opening up the possibility for all manner of mission creep. And that's just one agency....
From bugs to busses and trains, to land use and ever increasing social engineering; it has become unaccountable central planning at its finest.
Getting the legislature to defund it would be more difficult than one might imagine...given the Met Council holds any number of plumb jobs- from board positions for washed up politicians to summer jobs spraying mosquitos for their kids...if one has the correct connections.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Previous

Return to Politics