Is Trump thru?

Firearms related political discussion forum

Is Trump thru?

Postby LarryP on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:04 pm

I support Trump, but man, he gets hammered every time he opens his mouth. Many Republicans are dropping their support to.
I wonder how long he can last
Seems like this latest fiasco in nc could of been avoided.
LarryP

Re: Is Trump thru?

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:25 pm

LarryP wrote:I support Trump, but man, he gets hammered every time he opens his mouth. Many Republicans are dropping their support to.
I wonder how long he can last
Seems like this latest fiasco in nc could of been avoided.

What do you mean last? He is President, whether one supports him or not unless he does something illegal, he will still be.
Holland&Holland

Postby Scratch on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:07 pm

LarryP wrote:I wonder how long he can last...

I'm guessing somewhere around 3-7 more years...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby usnret on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:51 pm

It seems that a lot of you people need to just RELAX.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

usnret wrote:It seems that a lot of you people need to just RELAX.

Ghost

Is Trump thru?

Postby INOR on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:35 pm

He won't resign. Ego and narcissism wouldn't allow that. Plus he needs to be mindful of the investigation. If Mueller does stumble on anything illegal, he wouldn't want to give up that presidential pardon power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

He has nothing to resign for. The Republicans should resign for not sending him bills of stuff they promised. They have nothing to complain about, it's not like he's been vetoing their work.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 pm

INOR wrote:He won't resign. Ego and narcissism wouldn't allow that. Plus he needs to be mindful of the investigation. If Mueller does stumble on anything illegal, he wouldn't want to give up that presidential pardon power.

Illegal????

You mean as in the Clintons? When does the public get justice for their miriad of crimes?

Please
Holland&Holland

Postby Uffdaphil on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 am

Only if he is losing his will to fight. The left has been screeching for impeachment from before his inauguration. I would be surprised if folks who voted for him were not more even disgusted now with the political correctness of the SJWs these last couple of months.

But with his ego, the Donald will react against whomever he finds most personally threatening; could be the left, the rinos or constitutional conservatives, Scary, interesting times ahead.
NRA Endowment Member
Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Viet Nam Veteran
High Information Voter
Uffdaphil

Is Trump thru?

Postby INOR on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:He won't resign. Ego and narcissism wouldn't allow that. Plus he needs to be mindful of the investigation. If Mueller does stumble on anything illegal, he wouldn't want to give up that presidential pardon power.

Illegal????

You mean as in the Clintons? When does the public get justice for their miriad of crimes?

Please

No arguments from me on that. I'm not at all suggesting there shouldn't be investigations into the Clintons. I would like to see that. But you seem to forget Trump himself let go of that. Remember him stating that he would immediately order his attorney general to investigate? Yeah, that didn't happen, did it? He backed off that. Or was it just another lie about something he never intended to do to begin with?

But in the above, I was solely referencing the real actual ongoing investigation into his campaign. And I'm not suggesting that there have been crimes committed. Just stating that, if there does end up being any evidence of any illegal activity by his family, staff, or even him, he will want to be in a position to execute pardons if he so chooses.

INOR

Postby Randygmn on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:14 pm

"Thru"???? Lol. I'd say he's just getting started. I won't go into detail about what's on my wishlist, because I'm not looking to get banned here, but all I'll say is.....I just pray that Trump becomes the man, and really does the things the left accuses him of being, and doing, respectively. Since the Liberal Terrorists™ in the media have already found him "guilty", I say we give them something to really cry about.
Randygmn

Postby atomic41 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Trump is our president for the next 7 1/2 years. The following is about the best explanation as to why that I have found:

https://townhall.com/columnists/evansay ... s-n2354580

It's a darn good read.
atomic41

Postby Erud on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:10 pm

atomic41 wrote:Trump is our president for the next 7 1/2 years. The following is about the best explanation as to why that I have found:

It's a darn good read.

That is a good read, thanks for the link. The people who are abandoning the president were never on his side to begin with. They also aren't the people that put him in office. For lack of a better term, they aren't "us". There are lots of interesting reasons why Donald Trump was elected, and I think that most intelligent Americans can see through the obvious smokescreen.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Erud wrote:
atomic41 wrote:Trump is our president for the next 7 1/2 years. The following is about the best explanation as to why that I have found:

It's a darn good read.

That is a good read, thanks for the link. The people who are abandoning the president were never on his side to begin with. They also aren't the people that put him in office. For lack of a better term, they aren't "us". There are lots of interesting reasons why Donald Trump was elected, and I think that most intelligent Americans can see through the obvious smokescreen.

Agreed
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:10 am

BINGO.
This article very clearly expresses what I have been feeling since the inauguration. For all of his faults, he is a fighter and wants fighters around him, hence the revolving door in some of the appointed positions.

I think the reason some Conservatives don't like him is that he operates like the Liberals do and they just don't like that approach - they find it base or low - hard reality is that the world has changed and you can't compete unless you match your competitor. We would all like to believe the American public can appreciate the nuances of a reserved measured approach, but the reality is the average IQ of people is 100 which means there are a lot of people who don't process nuance and subtlety. Their lives are rough and tumble, no BS experiences and they like to consume and be lead in the same manner. Joe Six Pack doesn't have time to decode the symbolism of a well written speech. They want bullet points and action plans - that's how their lives are set up and that is what they want.

Just my observation.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Next

Return to Politics