And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Firearms related political discussion forum

And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Postby xd ED on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm

Two women, including fellow state lawmaker, accuse Rep. Tony Cornish of sexual harassment - Mpls Strib

It appears the trendiness of victimization continues...

Amazing what constitutes 'harassment'.

"Rep. Erin Maye Quade, DFL-Apple Valley, told the Star Tribune about an uncomfortable episode involving Cornish. She provided a text message from Cornish in which he wrote that he “got busted for staring at you on the House floor ... Haha. I told him it was your fault, of course. Look too damned good. Ha. I must be more gentlemanly when I run for governor.”
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: And Now It's Tony Cornish To Be Burned At The Stake

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

This is gonna be interesting
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:25 pm

One wonders if the term 'sexual harassment' will take on the same relative significance, and impact of being called a 'racist'; that is to say, it becomes a ubiquitous, and ultimately meaningless throw away accusation towards any opposition, or dissagreement from the opposite gender.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 pm

xd ED wrote:One wonders if the term 'sexual harassment' will take on the same relative significance, and impact of being called a 'racist'; that is to say, it becomes a ubiquitous, and ultimately meaningless throw away accusation towards any opposition, or dissagreement from the opposite gender.

I could see that happening. Or it becomes a fight between the ones who were told they were ugly or fat vs the ones who were hit on or groped.
Ghost

Postby usnret on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:14 am

I was in the Navy when the whole "Tail Hook" incident happened. After that you couldn't look at a female sailor or even give them a complement on their looks without someone screaming about sexual harassment. I got way out of control. Some women were using it to get back at males for what ever reason, and some just using it to get even. It was really ugly.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby MJY65 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:13 am

I thought the Cornish comment to Quade was foolish, but short of harassment. Today’s ST article also describes conduct with a lobbyist (which if true) is the real deal.
MJY65

Postby xd ED on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 am

MJY65 wrote:I thought the Cornish comment to Quade was foolish, but short of harassment. Today’s ST article also describes conduct with a lobbyist (which if true) is the real deal.

Yep, if true, the lobbyist's allegations are an issue to be dealt with.

True or not, someone's mission was accomplished:

Sexual harassment allegations now spreading through the Minnesota Capitol; Rep. Tony Cornish stripped of chairmanship
Then Rep. Tony Cornish, a powerful eight-term Republican from Vernon Center, saw his chairmanship of the House Public Safety Committee suspended late Thursday after allegations surfaced against him.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Squib Joe on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 am

Moral of the story is that you shouldn't compliment a woman on her appearance, ever.

Unless you're very good looking ... or very rich ;)
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 am

One of the effects of the old political model is crumbling before our eyes. I believe there used to be systemic "tolerance " for bad behavior because each party had skeletons they wanted to keep hidden. There was an agreement that each party would refrain from outing the opposing parties problem in exchange for like consideration. Things would get whitewashed. If one of ours goes down, one of yours goes down.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby MJY65 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 am

Squib Joe wrote:Moral of the story is that you shouldn't compliment a woman on her appearance, ever. )

Well, you definitely shouldn't do it via electronic media that will survive forever and be used against you when the recipient sees fit.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 am

yukonjasper wrote:One of the effects of the old political model is crumbling before our eyes. I believe there used to be systemic "tolerance " for bad behavior because each party had skeletons they wanted to keep hidden. There was an agreement that each party would refrain from outing the opposing parties problem in exchange for like consideration. Things would get whitewashed. If one of ours goes down, one of yours goes down.

You have Dem on Dem in the other one but it could be a power play there.

Looks like one woman is involved in both which makes me wonder about her personality, seeing that she tweets about using vibrators on planes it's probably not a huge stretch to think that the relationships may have delved into a gray area. Not saying it's OK.

Is Cornish married?
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:41 am

Ghost wrote:Looks like one woman is involved in both which makes me wonder about her personality, seeing that she tweets about using vibrators on planes it's probably not a huge stretch to think that the relationships may have delved into a gray area. Not saying it's OK.

If you're talking about Quade, unlikely. She's married.......to a woman.
MJY65

Postby xd ED on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:One of the effects of the old political model is crumbling before our eyes. I believe there used to be systemic "tolerance " for bad behavior because each party had skeletons they wanted to keep hidden. There was an agreement that each party would refrain from outing the opposing parties problem in exchange for like consideration. Things would get whitewashed. If one of ours goes down, one of yours goes down.

You have Dem on Dem in the other one but it could be a power play there.

Looks like one woman is involved in both which makes me wonder about her personality, seeing that she tweets about using vibrators on planes it's probably not a huge stretch to think that the relationships may have delved into a gray area. Not saying it's OK.

Is Cornish married?

No, according to wikipedia.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 am

MJY65 wrote:
Ghost wrote:Looks like one woman is involved in both which makes me wonder about her personality, seeing that she tweets about using vibrators on planes it's probably not a huge stretch to think that the relationships may have delved into a gray area. Not saying it's OK.

If you're talking about Quade, unlikely. She's married.......to a woman.

Not seeing why that matters, I never implied anything past inappropriate conversation doesn't matter gay or straight.
Ghost

Postby rtk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:53 am

Seismic Sam thinks Ttootsie is good looking...do you think he will be the next one to get in trouble?
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Next

Return to Politics